rmx2+traktor+stems

Notifications
Clear all

rmx2+traktor+stems

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there, since ni opened their software for stems to all is it possible the mapping to be redesigned?
what i have in mind is this:
the rmx2 is a great controller and the latest tsi is very good, but the sample mode is not very usable in traktor 2 in my opinion because you do not have control over the samples volume and modes and etc. but the 4 buttons in sample mode can be mapped to control the stems just like it is shown on the video for the kontorl s4 - turn on/off each particular stem...it is actually all we need...just to play with the sound - turn it on and off...2 deck mixing with effects, cues,loops and stems...it will be fun and creative...
is anyone interested in this?

p.s. i`m not sure but is it possible to update my rmx2 firmware? because i believe i am with the stock one, and dont know if there is a newer version.

If you are willing to put the time into creating a mapping, I'm sure people will be happy to give it a run and provide feeback.

As for Firmware update, if there is one for your controller, it should be done automatically when instaling a new driver package. But there hasn't been any updates for the Rmx2 since it was launched.

Topic starter

Yes I am, but also am open to ideas. I think that the RMX2 is great and needs to keep up with the new stuff that is commng out. It has the potential. I do not understand other brands that storm people with new controllers with no real need this to be done...What was the need of Numark MIXTRAK 3 for example?
Great job with the P32 DJ controller I see it is recieving a lot of possitive feedback on DJTT and DJworx
people even say that it is one of the few realy interesting things on NAMM
Thumbs up!

Hello KassyDJ,

If you have the time to write in detail which function you would like to have on Pads 1, 2, 3, 4 in Stems mode, you can write it here, so that me or other users can check how to adapt the TSI mapping to meet your expectations.

Topic starter

I think that the original TSI is very good, but using samples for creativity is a bit tricky(thats on my opinion of course)
so instead of playing samples...I think we can try to Experiment with the stems...for start - the four pads in sample mode to toggle ON/Off function of stem Volume(mute) pads 1-2-3-4 to mute ON/OFF stems slot 1-2-3-4.
by the way something that I can not understand...what does the Vinyl button do? I noteced it is on, when the software starts, but when I press it - LED goes OFF and than I lose control over some functions - the low-mid-high knobs for example...
when the vinyl button is off - nothing happens when i rotate the low-mid-high knobs

The original mapping was created with version 2.68, which means NI had just introduced the Sampler decks, so the functions used are those that were present at the time. There has been a lot of improvements made since then, and you are correct that it needs updating, although the goal of the "official" mapping is to provide a way for everyone to use this particular software, and hopefully a starting point for anyone who may want to experiment and make someting to suite their particular needs. 

As for your question regarding the Vinyl button, the answer in on page 8 of the document included with the mapping. Essentially, in default mode (On), the EQ and Kill are used for Deck A & B, while when turned Off, the EQ and Kill are used for Deck C & D (the Sampler Decks).  

Topic starter

Hi there, I would like to ask, again for some help regarding mapping of traktor and rmx2.
I would like to make the   Mic ON/Off button to triger flux mode when it is pressed and the LED is ON - the Flux mode to be On on both decks, and when I press it again to turn off the flux mode on both decks...
can somebody give me a simple instruction, thank you 

I would not recommend using the MIC On/Off button for this purpose (or any other for that matter). Since the button is already being used in hardware to enable/disable the Talkover fonction and the LED is being turned on for that purpose whether you want it or not, it might create some confusion.

As for mapping the function itself, simply map Flux Mode On as a toggle for both Input and Output to the same button for both decks. Just make sure that before you test the button, Flux is either On or Off for both.  

Topic starter

Thank you Phatso, Since I do not use mic, for me it is convinient to map it for different purpose more useful to me

Then just be sure to disable the Talkover function in the control panel otherwise it willl reduce the volume of the main output every time you use the button.

Topic starter

Note Taken, thank you

Topic starter

I continue with my questions.
On my rmx2 I changed the Jog settings in the RMX2 control pannel Sensitivity to 1/2 
Thus I find it better on baby scratches and controlling more like vinyl mode on CDJs
but I would like to tweek the sensetivity in the Traktor software so when I pitch bend to be higher, so I can beatmatch quicker with the jogs and not use the pitch buttons. Because If I use the jogs it is very slow to adjust it it is not as quick as the pitch bend button.
What settin in the mapping to incrase?
thank you again 

First off, before modifying your mapping, you might want to start by playing with the settings under Preferences > Transport, namely Tempo and Tempo Bend might allow you to tweak them to behave as you please (check the user manual for more details).

If that does not completly satify you, then you'll have to change the Rotary Sensitivity and Acceleration related to what you've mapped to the jogwheels (I'm guessing Tempo Adjust or Jog Turn).