Notifications
Clear all

scratch inpulse 500

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
good morning guys,
i am passionately learning about the console and the software.
many things are clear to me and i am practicing, some still not and i need your help.
i have noticed that if i scratch, the longest duration of a scratch doesnt go beyond 1.5 bars.
is it possible to extend the scratch time up to 4 bars?
i try to do it with the maximum energy i have but im afraid of flying the console and i dont go beyond 1.5 beats.{#emotions_dlg.cool}
Topic starter

Hi,
If you head to Djuced settings and select General, you'll see a slider called scratch sensitivity. Play around with that - it should help making it suit better.

Topic starter
I had already tried, it increases the sensitivity to the touch but cannot make the scratch last longer.
Unfortunately this is due to the hardware braking the pad too soon.
Topic starter

Wait a sec. Are you sure it's scratching and not backspinning we're talking about?

Topic starter
unfortunately my english is not good and i help with google translator.
Yes, I meant backward turns
Topic starter

The jogwheels are not flywheels. Wink However if you want to have a longer backspin, it's doable, just need to work more with your hand - like this around 2:15.

Hello Ninosan,

Djuced Scratch sensitivity setting
Djuced setting "Scratch sensitivity" (in Settings > General) lets you set the jog wheel sensitivity in scratch mode.
The default sensitivity is the the same as a 33.3333 RPM rotation speed (33.3333 RPM: 1 rotation = 1 minute/33.3333 = 60s/33.333333 = 1.8s), so if your track BPM is 133.333333 BPM, 1 rotation = 133.33333/60sx1.8s = 4 beats = 4 bars.
If you increase the scratch sensibility, 1 rotation lasts more than 4 beats, if you reduce the sensibility, 1 rotation lasts less than 4 beats, but you understand the number of beats in a rotation depends on the track BPM.

Change backspin
You can make a longer backspin if in Djuced > Settings , you change the Braking "End Time".
Of course, it does not only change the backspin, but also the time spent between the moment you press on pause and the moment the track stops. 

Topic starter

thanks for the explanation. I'll try'