sound problem set u...

Notifications
Clear all

sound problem set up, rmx2, djuced...

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there, really hoping someone can help me with this.

ive been using my rmx2 & djuced & my small speaker set up no problem at all for a while now but recently got a 10 meter audio cable to reach & hook up to my other stereo system now too.

now the problem is when im putting the other audio cable in output 3 - 4 (small speakers obviously in output 1 - 2) i have issues with the headphones. fiddling about with the audio i can get them sorted but then the other speaker system plugged into 3 - 4 will only work when i push the headphone button on the console. i thought plugging the audio leads in 3 - 4 would simply make the sound come out them without affecting anything really. im sure it has to be the set up in audio so any help will be greatly appreciated as im stumped with all the fiddling about & just cant get it.

cheers in advance, taylor. 

Topic starter

Nobody got any help for me here lol still trying to get this to work. I'm coming to the conclusion it just cant be sorted. If that is the case i dont understand what output 3 - 4 do if attaching other speakers doesnt work properly. If anyone has any idea pleease let me know. Thanks.

The answer is pretty simple.

If you look at DJUCED default audio configuration, you'll notice that

- Master is set to Output 1-2 

- Headphone is set to Output 3-4

Consequently, you can easily conclude that whatever is sent to the headphone output is also sent to Output 3-4, and this is indeed the case.

If you want to use two speakers sets with the Rmx, they should both be connected to Output 1-2, as indicated on page 3 of the Quick start guide.

Topic starter

Cheers buddy. I dunno if my explanation is the best cause i'm still confused lol. So i've got my booth speakers plugged into audio output 1 & 2 that all works good. Then i've got my other audio phono plugs for my other stereo. Do i need some sorta adaptor to share outputs 1 & 2 with? Obviously i can only plug two phono plugs in 1 & 2 which is the booth speakers & putting the other two plugs in 3 & 4 shares the headphone problem. I'm sorry if i sound really stupid with all this.

Again, I'll refer you to page 3 of the Quick start guide.

The Rmx2 has two main output sets:

- one in RCA (the "booth" output you're already using)

- one in XLR format, for which indeed you would need some adapters (XLR male to RCA female) or dedicated cable.

Topic starter

Again thanks for your help dude. Think i'm understanding it eventually. If i am gettin it (i'm probably still wrong) one thing i don't understand then is what the use for outputs RCA 3 & 4 are for if the headphones also share 3 & 4 the output paths?? You can't actually use them cause the headphones on/off switch also turns the sound on off on the other audio source. I probably still sound stupid with this lol. 

There are many ways Output 3-4 can be used:

- In software mixing mode (as you are using it now), depending on the environement, a DJ could decide to use a set of speakers instead of a pair of headphone.

- In an external mixer mode , the Rmx2 would used as an audio interface to send  the signal from Deck A to channel 1 of a mixer (using Ouput 1-2) and Deck B to channel 2 (using Output 3-4).  Since the headphone are conneted to the mixer, you are not using that output of the Rmx2. 

Topic starter

Thank you for your help n what not here buddy. I solved the problem. I wasn't gonna be beat lol. I bought a piggy back audio cable so now it output 1 & 2 can take the two audio leads and nothing comprimises the output 3 & 4. Again thanks for your help & now have a better understanding of it all. Cheers, Taylor.

Topic starter

Why not just connect your other speakers to the main output on the back of your RMX2 you are using booth to run 2 sets of speakers because you are piggy backing them.....DJPhatso if you read this will I hurt my external mixer by running booth out to channel 1 on my DJM500? I just want it like that so now and then I can use my mixers sound effects before it goes to my PA