Notifications
Clear all

traktor pro2 with rmx 2 monitor and headphone issues

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there, 
have been getting used to the new rmx 2 with traktor pro 2. all was going well.
i had been running on 1 & 2 outputs but then wanted to use outputs 3&4 for monitors.
once plugged in the volume level of 3&4 was controlled by the headphone cue/mix nob and listening to
each individual deck through the headphones became a mess as the headphone tap buttons dropped the whole
tune in and over rode the crossfader.... i can understand this might be a mapping issue (but im not sure how to sort it)
but the volume level of 3&4 output is totally linked to the headphone output which cant work when using the controller
as the main mixer to play out on.
ive looked in the hercules configuration menus in traktor preferences but cant see how to separate headphone from 
3&4 outputs. am hoping it can be done otherwise ill have to add another mixer just so i can have quality main and monitor
outputs.
has anyone else come across this? 
cheers  

Are you using the mapping available from the Technical Support site?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=308&cid=10

Either way, please take a look at the included PDF document which explains how to configure the audio in Traktor to properly get the main mix and headphone preview.

Also be sure to verify the position of the CUE/MIX knob, which should determine what signal you want Traktor to send to the headphone:

- When set to CUE, you'll hear the decks for which Headphone CUE is enabled;

- In the MIX position, you'll hear the main mix, meaning what comes out of your speakers;

- in the center (12 O'clock), you'll get a bit of both, which most will use to set up the next song.

Topic starter

thanks for yr reply.
i re installed the map setting from hercules and followed all the notes on the pdf file... again.
and the problem is still there.
when im outputing on just channels 1/2 evrything is fine, i can cue in the headphones as normal.
as soon as i plug in the monitors the cue/mix button becomes almost like the volume control for the monitors
unless i press the headphone buttons and then that override evrything,.....everything is played over the monitors as if they are the headphones... am a bit lost with it!

Hello Jase,

Output 3-4 is indeed the same channel as the headphones, it is not the output channel for a booth output, and you have no way to route there another audio streaming than the one play in your headphones.
The RCA output 3-4 is used only with an external mixer.

To connect 2 pair of speakers to your DJConsole Rmx2, you must connect the 2 pairs connected to the outputs 1-2, so
- if your audience speakers have balanced inputs and your monitor speakers RCA inputs, you connect your  have audience speakers to the XLR outputs, and the monitors to the RCA Booth Output 1-2.
- if both your audience speakers and your monitors have RCA inputs, you add a cable with 2 XLR to 2 RCA, as this one, and you connect either your audience speaker or your monitor speaker to this cable, and you connect the other speakers to the booth output 1-2.