traktor scratch pro...

Notifications
Clear all

traktor scratch pro + hercules e2

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

beginner to not only the forum, but all of this djing business, so bare with me...

am running traktor scratch pro v.1.24 and the hercules e2 control and struggling. i have tried a few of the .tsi files available on native instruments website but they only seem to stock the latest tsi files (as far as i can see)

can anyone point in the direction of a complete dummies guide to this topic? any help would be appreciated

i have a subsidiary issue relating to the cheap external soundcard i have bought, but that can wait until i get the flipping thing working!

thanks in advance

john 

What do you mean by "they only seem to stock the 'latest' tsi files" ?

I would suggest updating to the latest version (1.27) and trying the TSI available on the support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=61&pid=241&cid=5

As for the soundcard, Traktor scratch pro can only be used with a "Traktor approved" audio interface with which it was sold (such as the AudioDJ8 or AudioDJ2), I don't see why you should concern yourself with a cheap soundcard... 

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply dude. Well, as I'm running 1.24 and the website only seems to cater for 1.27, that is what I meant by 'the latest'. I have tried this tsi and it doesnt work with the controller; despite following various tutorials online, traktor does not react to movements on the controller.

And I know that Traktor can work with other soundcards as I've seen a couple of mates use alternative soundcards and it works fine. And I'm just really getting into all this (complete noob!) so not looking to spend more than is required to just get started in the worlds of DJing... Smile 

Indeed, the TSI are not backward compatible, and since v1.27 as been out for quite sometimes (and incorporated many improvements and changes regarding controllers MIDI capabilities), it is the version that is obviously supported. I would be difficult to maintain files for every released updates.

You are correct in saying that Traktor Pro can work with many soundcard, but  Traktor Scratch Pro only works with the approved audio interface.

Topic starter

Ah ok, that makes sense. I have grabbed a copy of Traktor Pro off a friend and have now got the E2 at least interacting with Traktor so on that part, a success!

However, getting a strange issue where a song will randomly change pitch up and down, even though the pitch (BPM) figures dont alter. Any ideas on this guys?

As always, your time is appreciated 

Topic starter

Guys

Still having a strange issue where I am using a basic USB soundcard and am struggling to get it integrated with Traktor (I have successfully got the setup working with VDJ but can see why people move away from that to Traktor!).

If someone could point me in the right direction of a guide or alike, or provide some basic guidance, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

John 

Topic starter

dowmload and install Asio4all and in the traktor audio set up select Asio4all as your sound card then just below that option change rate to 44100hz then just below that option to the right it says "settings" click this.
That opens the asio4all driver from here select your usb card/s. Once that is done close the Asio4all settings tab close the traktor settings reopen traktor audio output settings and then select your card/s  under outpout and monitor. 

Topic starter

DJ Knics - top man, worked like a charm.

One last query however and I think I basically ready to rock (pun intended). I cant seem to get the recording to work correctly, as all of the samples end up being completely silent. Probably a simple thing that I have missed but an advice appreciated.

Cheers

John