Notifications
Clear all

trouble with turntable signal

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello!
im trying to set up a numark tt200 as my right (and only) deck through my rmx.  using virtualdj 6, and a toshiba satellite laptop.
using serato cv02 second edition vinyl, relative- not entirely sure which other settings to use.  im getting no signal at all from the deck.  the turntable is definitely not talking to the controller.  i checked my cartridge, which is new- seems to have good connections.  i can just barely hear the high pitched whine of the timecode.
on the rmx, the input cable from the turntable, i did flip the phono switch, and hit the source button on the right side, theres a track loaded.  i also just installed the newest drivers, just to be sure...

i feel like it has to be something really obvious im overlooking.  any help is very much appreciated!
at the end of my rope here.
thanks.

2 Answers
Topic starter

I replied to you on VDJ forum, but you say have the line/phono switch in the right position?
Did you change your input source in VDJ config->sound setup to "timecode" yet?

2 Answers

Hello Doris,

1) Please describe your configuration
What is your version of VirtualDJ 6: is it VirtualDJ Pro 6.1, or another number, please precise the complete version number (6.0.1, 6.0.2?.... )?
What is your operating system? (Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista, or Windows 7)?
What is your CPU type and speed? How much RAM have you
What is your Toshiba Satellite version?

2) Have you set the Rmx in ASIo 16-bit prior to starting VirtualDJ?
Activating the 24-bit mode would disable the right dek audio input (source 2).

3) What is your cartridge?
You need a cartridge playing a relatively strong signal (as Shure M44-7).
Have you tested if you get a strong enough audio signal in VirtualDJ when you play a vinyl audio disc on your turntable?

2 Answers
Topic starter

i replied to you on vdj forum, but you say have the line/phono switch in the right position?
did you change your input source in vdj config->sound setup to "timecode" yet?

Topic starter

hello doris,

1) please describe your configuration
what is your version of virtualdj 6: is it virtualdj pro 6.1, or another number, please precise the complete version number (6.0.1, 6.0.2?.... )?
what is your operating system? (windows xp 32-bit, windows xp 64-bit, windows vista, or windows 7)?
what is your cpu type and speed? how much ram have you
what is your toshiba satellite version?

2) have you set the rmx in asio 16-bit prior to starting virtualdj?
activating the 24-bit mode would disable the right dek audio input (source 2).

3) what is your cartridge?
you need a cartridge playing a relatively strong signal (as shure m44-7).
have you tested if you get a strong enough audio signal in virtualdj when you play a vinyl audio disc on your turntable?