Notifications
Clear all

update firmwire not working

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there,

just spent 2 hours on my mac trying to upgrade firmwire of dj control air as the table was not longer working: no blinking lights on the table at start up.

error message 28: dj control air/dj control instinct not present

i checked the usb port and it recognizes the dj control air hercules, but either the hardware or djuced is not working or can not longer connect to each other...

timing is not good, as i promised the dj table for a party tonight....
so far, the help tools found on the internet or forum where not yet helpfull/successful.
can somebody share what i have to do?

thanks for your help.

m

Where exactly do you see this error message ?

Were you using the DJControl AIR on that same Mac computer previously?

What type of Mac and which version of OS X are you using ?

Try the following:

- Go to Applications > Hercules > DJSeries > updater and double click on manual_update to launch the manual Fimrware updater.

- Next, connect the console to the USB port while holding the Folder and Files buttons.

- If everything goes normally, the console should "appear" to the updater: for Firmware audio, under Current, it should indicate Boot.

- Click Open Audio, select the file Air_LM3S.dja, then Open. A number should now appear under Available

-   Check the available box in the Flash column, then Update! to proceed

Let me know if this is successfull.

Topic starter

Thanks for your help!

The air_LM3S.dja file is indeed the only file which enables the update button.

I see the error message when opening a dj program (DJuced): DJ Control Air/DJ Control Instinct not present.

I can not complete the update: error message: Error during TUSB update Code: 18 (hex)...

Would you happen to have a powered USB hub you could use between the computer and the console?

What type of Mac and which version of OS X are you using ?

Did you install the latest drivers available from the support site (v4.69)?

Topic starter

I am running MAC OSX 10.8.5
(upgrade to Maverick would slow down the performance)
I installed the v4.69 update.
A few weeks ago, the hard and software was operating.
Powered USB hub? I don't have an external USB hub with power...

Topic starter

I tried to install hercules (and DJuced) on a windows laptop (Windows 7 professional).
I installed 2013_HDJS_2.exe but the DJ Control Air is still not recognized by the laptop.
Can somebody provide help with this?

Thanks in advance.

M

Hello,

Is DJControl Air not recognized:
- by the laptop: its DJ icon in Win7 notification area has a red cross
- or just by Djuced 18?

PS :
a) as a French, you should post your message in the french parts of this forum, it would be more efficient as you would finally give the EXACT error message(s) in french: not giving the exact error message(s) reduces very significantly the efficiency of the possible help you may get.
b) Djuced 18 is here for Windows, here for Mac OS.

Topic starter

Hey, from the other firmware issue thread. I definitely remember when installing on windows7 that I saw the red cross on the dj notification icon. I tried a lot of different methods to get the console to be recognized to no avail. Let me know what I can do to get it recognized on win7 because I haven't been able to upgrade the firmware on the Mac so far. This is for the 4-MX

@R3xz

Let's stick to your own thread in order not to create more confusion.

@Pageman

In the following document:

Go straight to Step #8 to launch the manual Firmware updater on your Windows PC. Once done, you'll notice that it works exactly as it did on OS X.

Please follow the procedure as explained previously (connect while holding File + Folder, etc) to try and update the fimrware.

Please clearly indicate any specific error message or strange behaviour you may encounter during te procedure. And as suggested previously, also try using a powered USB hub between the console and computer.

Topic starter

@ Maxdjack

My software is in English/Dutch.
Both on DJuced 18 and DJuced 40.
Win 7: my device manager recognizes the DJ Control Air, but says that it does not work (code 10)

@ DJ Phatso

Thanks a lot for the document (manual update) and tip.
The manual update screen remains grey (ie can not open the folder). I tried all the usb  ports while holdig File + Folder.
Next, I tried to manually update the driver in the device manager, but that did not work neither.
The device manager (Windows) clearly shows the DJ Control Air, but mentions that it does not work (code 10).

I will look for a powered USB hub. 

Topic starter

I will look for a powered USB hub. 

This is what I'm doing for my firmware problem with the 4MX currently.
The powered hub should be here tomorrow, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
It appears that most people have fixed their firmware problem through this way. 

Topic starter

Hey there. The hub arrived today.
Unfortuantely the problem persisted for me. I think my case may be slightly different than yours since I had the controller connected at some point, until I wasnt able to get the device to be recognized again. You should still try it out with the powered hub if you haven't been able to get the device to be recognized period.

Topic starter

I get to manual update with the powered USB hub, but then I have again the error message. Hercules Technical Support requested to send the controller to their after-sales support department.