urgent help needed!...

Notifications
Clear all

urgent help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, im trying to install my hercules dj console and the vdj 5 djc software that came with it.  when i insert the cd and follow the instructions to the point where i click to install the drivers, i run through the driver installation steps but it does not install them.  the following error message appears -

feature transfer error
feature: defaultfeature
component: webupdater
file:
error: acces is denied.

i have tried uninstalling the software and tried again but the same error message appears.  can someone please help me.

i have registered the vdj 5 djc software seriel number on the virtual dj website.  please please help me!  i am busting to get this up and running

3 Answers

Install the latest driver (2.HDJS.2010) from the support site instead:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=61&pid=241&cid=1

Follow these instructions for the installation:

3 Answers
Topic starter

Hi there

I tried again uploading the latest driver and i am still getting the same error message as below.!!!!  I'm lost. I wonder would it be due to the fact that i am using my wife's work laptop.............? 

3 Answers

Hello Beano7,

1) You did not precise if you use an administrator account to install the driver and if you have disabled  the firewall access prior to installing the console. It is necessary to
- use an administrator account,
- to disable the firewall,
and you may also have to disable the network access (wifi our ethernet) prior to starting the installation, to prevent any Windows update interferences with the installation.

2) To get help on a forum, the first step should be to describe your configuration:  
- Computer: for example Dell Dimension 5150 (Tower PC) with 3 GHz Core Duo CPU, 2 GB Ram,
- Operating system: for example Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 3 (I suppose you use Windows: Mac users don't type!!!)   
- Driver version: writing you use the latest driver is too vague, as we cannot know what you think are the last drivers, we will never be sure we have the same drivers as yours if you don't type the complete driver name: are they Mac driver 2.22, or Windows 2010_HDJS_2 or another version?
- DJ controller name: I suppose you have DJ Console Rmx as you have VirtualDJ 5 DJC, but please confim it, since VirtualDJ 5 DJC is also with DJ Control Steel, it is necessary you precise the complete name of your hardware.

3) The second step consists in writing in details what happens during the installation process, so please
- confirm that during the installation, at the first time you plug your DJ Console X (as I don't know its complete name) in the USB port, if you are in Windows, you don't answer to Windows pop up message which says "New device detected" and proposes to install its driver (otherwhise, if you answer to Windows menus, it will crash the installation of the adequate driver before it is installed, by installing Windows inadequate driver instead of the DJ Console X driver). 
- if you get any error message(s) during the installation, please quote EXACTLY and COMPLETELY this/these error  messages.

Guideline to optimize the efficiency of messages reporting a technical problem:
1 - the more detailed the technical information you write in your message(s), the more efficient the help you get
2 - always type the complete names of any element of the configuration (complete name of the computer, complete name of the operating system, complete version name...) and quote the complete error messages, don't use acronyms which are not common, don't forget ANY word in an error message or a hardware or software name
3 - avoid typing messages in capital letters or with exclamation marks everywhere: if your emotions have the lead over your brain when typing a message, it is not good for your technical abilities, so you should type your message in Word, but not post it immediately. Come back to this message 2 hours later, once you have cooled down, and see how you can improve the text in making it more precise, and ban any !! except if it is a quote,
4 - give a precise title to the discussion: a title as "URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" drives forum visitors not to help you, since it is both vague and furious, while forum visitors find it more rewarding to help cool and precise people.

3 Answers
Topic starter

install the latest driver (2.hdjs.2010) from the support site instead:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=61&pid=241&cid=1

follow these instructions for the installation:

Topic starter

hi there

i tried again uploading the latest driver and i am still getting the same error message as below.!!!!  im lost. i wonder would it be due to the fact that i am using my wifes work laptop.............? 

Topic starter

hello beano7,

1) you did not precise if you use an administrator account to install the driver and if you have disabled  the firewall access prior to installing the console. it is necessary to
- use an administrator account,
- to disable the firewall,
and you may also have to disable the network access (wifi our ethernet) prior to starting the installation, to prevent any windows update interferences with the installation.

2) to get help on a forum, the first step should be to describe your configuration:  
- computer: for example dell dimension 5150 (tower pc) with 3 ghz core duo cpu, 2 gb ram,
- operating system: for example windows xp 32-bit service pack 3 (i suppose you use windows: mac users dont type!!!)   
- driver version: writing you use the latest driver is too vague, as we cannot know what you think are the last drivers, we will never be sure we have the same drivers as yours if you dont type the complete driver name: are they mac driver 2.22, or windows 2010_hdjs_2 or another version?
- dj controller name: i suppose you have dj console rmx as you have virtualdj 5 djc, but please confim it, since virtualdj 5 djc is also with dj control steel, it is necessary you precise the complete name of your hardware.

3) the second step consists in writing in details what happens during the installation process, so please
- confirm that during the installation, at the first time you plug your dj console x (as i dont know its complete name) in the usb port, if you are in windows, you dont answer to windows pop up message which says "new device detected" and proposes to install its driver (otherwhise, if you answer to windows menus, it will crash the installation of the adequate driver before it is installed, by installing windows inadequate driver instead of the dj console x driver). 
- if you get any error message(s) during the installation, please quote exactly and completely this/these error  messages.

guideline to optimize the efficiency of messages reporting a technical problem:
1 - the more detailed the technical information you write in your message(s), the more efficient the help you get
2 - always type the complete names of any element of the configuration (complete name of the computer, complete name of the operating system, complete version name...) and quote the complete error messages, dont use acronyms which are not common, dont forget any word in an error message or a hardware or software name
3 - avoid typing messages in capital letters or with exclamation marks everywhere: if your emotions have the lead over your brain when typing a message, it is not good for your technical abilities, so you should type your message in word, but not post it immediately. come back to this message 2 hours later, once you have cooled down, and see how you can improve the text in making it more precise, and ban any !! except if it is a quote,
4 - give a precise title to the discussion: a title as "urgent help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" drives forum visitors not to help you, since it is both vague and furious, while forum visitors find it more rewarding to help cool and precise people.