use my speakers and...

Notifications
Clear all

use my speakers and headphones

36 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

heya, when i use virtual dj, how can i make this work: i want to hear one deck on my speakers and the other deck only on my headphone for mixing in..... but i only can get both decks on my speakers or my headphones... thats not a good way to mix obviously ;).... could some-one help me?

thx already

19 Answers

Now this will vary a bit depending on which version of Virtual DJ you are using and which DJ Console, but be sure that in Sound Setup, you configure as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone 

-Soundcard: Your DJ Console

19 Answers
Topic starter

I have the trial version who comes standard with the RMX software.....
And when i configure the way u say, I only hear the music in my headphones

19 Answers

The version of VDJ that comes with the Rmx is pre-configured ( meaning that there is no configurations menu available), so the main mix will come out of Ouput 1&2, and preview ( When you press Cue Select) on Headphone and Output 3&4.

Now, make sure that the Monitor knob ( top right corner, next to the headphone volume) is set to CUE. When at the positions MIX, you well hear the main mix.

19 Answers
Topic starter

I can't get it working....The music is just playing in my headphones....Has it something to do that on my settings for my PC my primary soundcard is the soundcard of my PC.... So when my RMX is plugged in on the PC the soundcard of my PC is still the primary one... And my speakers are just plugged in to my PC.... I can't plug them to my RMX

Is there an other program besides VirtualDj which I could use?

19 Answers

As I said, the version of VDJ included can only use the soundcard of the Rmx, so it is necessary that your speakers be connected to it. 

There are plenty of DJ softwares (free or not) that can be used with the Rmx, but most of them will only alow you to use 1 soundcard, either your computer's or the Rmx, but not both at once.

Traktor Pro

www.native-instruments.com/en/products/dj/traktor-pro

Deckadance

www.deckadance.com

Mixvibes/Cross

www.mixvibes.com

Mixxx

www.mixxx.org

DJ Decks

www.djdecks.be   

19 Answers
Topic starter

You need to run a RCA cable from Output 1&2 of the RMX to a spare AUX channel of a amp/PA system or a home stereo system.

Or some how connect your speakers to the outputs of the RMX.

19 Answers
Topic starter

I've got it, I have Bose speakers, so does my Mum in her living room, so praise the extra cables of her :)....
My first mix went better then I thought ( Style of Eye - Girls followed by Denis the Menace & Big world - The first rebirth )....
A new addiction has been born!!!

19 Answers
Topic starter

A new addiction has been born!!!

lmao!!!!!!

Glad you got it sorted mate Laughing

19 Answers
Topic starter

Now this will vary a bit depending on which version of Virtual DJ you are using and which DJ Console, but be sure that in Sound Setup, you configure as follow:

- Output(s): Headphone 

-Soundcard: Your DJ Console

how you set your soundcard like so? please respond/10x

19 Answers

A configuration menu is available in Virtual DJ Pro.

If you are using Virtual DJ LE included with a DJ Console (Mk2 / Rmx/ MK4), then no configuration is necessary or possible. Simply connect your speakers to Output 1/2 and headphone to the headphone connector of the console.

If you are using Virtual DJ LE included with a DJ Control (Mp3 / Steel/ MP3 e2), then your soundcard need to be multi-channel ( 4.1 or 5.1 for example) and have the appropriate connections.

Once you've configured your soundcard in 5.1 mode, Connect your headphones to the FRONT speakers connector on your sound card (Green), and your speakers to the REAR connector (black connector on most sound cards).

You will then need to configure Virtual DJ soundcard configuration as:

- Output(s): Headphone  > Master Chan3/4 / headphone Chan1/2

-Soundcard: Your soundcard

19 Answers
Topic starter

OK. so i have vdj 6.0.2 Pro. and DJ CONTROL mp3. i have set
input none
output headphones
sound card: have to choose from:mono separated/2cards/4.1card/asio driver.
           think i should choose the 4.1 card

Evrything is conected like it should be   , BUT i have the master and headphone chan 1/2/3/4 aivailable when i select for sound card the asio driver, if i select the 4.1 card i have the master:rear output/ headphones: front output .

Maybe my soudn card is not setted to 5.1..\
Please give suggestions                                                                     

19 Answers

Hello,

You must declare in Windows your sound as a multichannel sound card, since if your have declared the sound card as a stereo sound card in Windows, even if it is a 5.1 sound card, it will not work.

In Windows XP: click on start > Settings > Control panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Speaker Settings: Advanced >  and check the speakers with sourround sound 5.1 or quadaphonic if you have a 4-channel sound card instead of stereo.

In Windows 7 or Vista: right click on Mixer icon in windows task bar > select Playback Devices in the menu > select the Speakers audio device and click on the Configure button > in the Speaker setup wizard, you see the Audio channels list: set it on 5.1 surround instead of stereo, click on Next > activate the check boxes Center / Subwoofer / Side pair and click on Next > as Full Range Speakers selection, select Front left and right and Surround speakers and click on Next > At the "Configuration Complete" screen, click on Finish.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Did that. Still doesn't work. Same problem. The 2 "headphonoe buttons" comute from one deck to an other.

19 Answers

Hello Banser,

It is necessary that you detail your problem, since once cannot guess what doesn't work on your computer:
- you don't describe your configuration,
- you don't describe your problem.
If your problem is that, when you press the preview button on one deck it switches off the preview button on the other deck, it is not a bug, it is the way VirtualDJ is mapped (the headphones button is a deck select command in VirtualDJ), and if you want to map it in another way, please DETAIL PRECISELY what you want to do.
If you have a technical problem, please understand you must take the time to describe the issue, how it happens, what is your computer and software configuration, and precisely detail what you don't like and why you don't like it.

You must precise your sound card model, whether you are in ASIO or in WDM, your OPERATING SYSTEM, what you want to do, where your headphones are connected (on which connector) and on which connector your speakers are connected.

19 Answers
Topic starter

Hi. I have a similar problem. I am using virtual DJ 6.1 Pro. My Current Settings are

Outputs: Headphones, Master: First Card / Headphones: Second Card

Soundcards: 2 Cards

First Card: Built in 
Second Card: Hercules DJ RMX

The PFL function isnt working at all. there is no sound coming out of the headphones at all 

19 Answers
Topic starter

The OS I am using is a Mac OS. 

19 Answers

When using VDJ in 2 soundcard configuration, it uses the first stereo pair of each card. However, the headphone output of the Rmx is linked to Output 3/4, so not being used at all in this case.

The best choice is to have dedicated speakers connected to the Rmx and use this configuration:

- Output(s): Headphone  > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

If you absolutely have to use the computer integrated speakers, try this:

- Configure VDJ with the Rmx as the soundcard

- Connect a cable from Output 1/2 of the console to the LINE input of the computer

-  Download [B]LineIn[/B] from this page:

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

- Run LineIn, leaving everything as default, and click [B]Pass thru[/B]

You should now get the main output mix from the Rmx in your computer speakers.

19 Answers
Page 1 / 3