Notifications
Clear all

update and problems

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

i encountered a major problem when i updated my rmx last nite. i have no sound coming out of my computer, it is just mute. has anyone encountered such problem and can they help solve this issue?

thanks,

dj omar

4 Answers

When you say your computer is mute, do you mean that there is no sound coming out of the computer's soundcard or the Rmx?

In the case of the computer's soundcard, keep in mind that once the Rmx is connected to the computer, it becomes Windows primary soundcard. If you want to keep the computer's soundcard as your default audio devive, be sure that it is seen as default in Wndows Control Panel > Sound and audio properties (XP) or Sound (Vista)

IF you are using the Rmx as soundcard, be sure that ASIO is not selected in the DJ Console Control Panel, as most Windows applications do not support this mode.    

4 Answers
Topic starter

thank you DJ Phatso for your response.... What i meant by my computer going MUTE is just that....no sound at all coming out of the computer's soundcard or the RMX :(.
I am going to try your suggestion tonite once i get home to see if it will be restored and here the music through the RMX's soundcard.
Got to have it fixed because of a coming wedding this Saturday:).

4 Answers
Topic starter

Thank you DJ Phatso, your instructions worked perfectly and i am able to hear the music now. 
Anyway, would you know how to program the effects buttons. I have the rmx console with a the vdj pro 6 and the instructions don't seem to apply to the pro version.
I'll appreciate any help from you or anyone who would know how to program those buttons (1-6).

DJ Omar 

4 Answers
Topic starter

Hi jolofboy,

Please find a document explaining how to configure the effect buttons (1 to 6) on Virtual DJ Pro.

4 Answers
Topic starter

when you say your computer is mute, do you mean that there is no sound coming out of the computers soundcard or the rmx?

in the case of the computers soundcard, keep in mind that once the rmx is connected to the computer, it becomes windows primary soundcard. if you want to keep the computers soundcard as your default audio devive, be sure that it is seen as default in wndows control panel > sound and audio properties (xp) or sound (vista)

if you are using the rmx as soundcard, be sure that asio is not selected in the dj console control panel, as most windows applications do not support this mode.    

Topic starter

thank you dj phatso for your response.... what i meant by my computer going mute is just that....no sound at all coming out of the computers soundcard or the rmx :(.
i am going to try your suggestion tonite once i get home to see if it will be restored and here the music through the rmxs soundcard.
got to have it fixed because of a coming wedding this saturday:).

Topic starter

thank you dj phatso, your instructions worked perfectly and i am able to hear the music now. 
anyway, would you know how to program the effects buttons. i have the rmx console with a the vdj pro 6 and the instructions dont seem to apply to the pro version.
ill appreciate any help from you or anyone who would know how to program those buttons (1-6).

dj omar 

Topic starter

hi jolofboy,

please find a document explaining how to configure the effect buttons (1 to 6) on virtual dj pro.