Notifications
Clear all

using hercules as a standalone mixer

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey folks,

is it possible to use the herucles rmx dj console as a standalone mixer?

if i have the mixer powered via my laptop and two vinyls decks plugged in the input sources it should work as a standalone mixer right? or will i have to set up the inputs via traktor?

4 Answers

The Rmx was not conceived to behave like a mixer, even if connected to the computer. It is essentially a controller interface with an integrated soundcard, and require a software, such as Traktor, to perform the necessary audio routings.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Hmm, I think i phrased my question wrongly,

Basically I'm trying to hook up two vinyls to my RMX Console. Ive already got the controller up and running with Traktor Pro on my laptop so I just want to add two extra inputs to my setup. I can get one of the channels working, all the buttons on the mixer work as they should but the other channel wont work correctly. Its as if the second channel is just feeding straight through the mixer, I have no control over the signal. Might seem a bit confusing but its the best way i can explain it 🙂

4 Answers

Ah, very different indeed!

This problem is happening on deck A, correct ?

Go into the control panel for the Rmx, in the Advanced tab, and make sure Hardware mix is set to default ( USB Streaming 1-2)

When set to the other options, the external input signal of 1/2, be it microphone or Line In, is sent directly to the main output.

This would explain why you have no control in Traktor. 

4 Answers
Topic starter

Woohoo it worked,

This mixer gets better by the day 😀

Nice one DJ Phatso!

4 Answers
Topic starter

the rmx was not conceived to behave like a mixer, even if connected to the computer. it is essentially a controller interface with an integrated soundcard, and require a software, such as traktor, to perform the necessary audio routings.

Topic starter

hmm, i think i phrased my question wrongly,

basically im trying to hook up two vinyls to my rmx console. ive already got the controller up and running with traktor pro on my laptop so i just want to add two extra inputs to my setup. i can get one of the channels working, all the buttons on the mixer work as they should but the other channel wont work correctly. its as if the second channel is just feeding straight through the mixer, i have no control over the signal. might seem a bit confusing but its the best way i can explain it 🙂

Topic starter

ah, very different indeed!

this problem is happening on deck a, correct ?

go into the control panel for the rmx, in the advanced tab, and make sure hardware mix is set to default ( usb streaming 1-2)

when set to the other options, the external input signal of 1/2, be it microphone or line in, is sent directly to the main output.

this would explain why you have no control in traktor. 

Topic starter

woohoo it worked,

this mixer gets better by the day :d

nice one dj phatso!