Notifications
Clear all

vdj7 + mac 10.6.5 + hercules rmx = mic et headphones not working

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone,

i just purchases the hercules rmx, downloaded the drivers, and hooked it up to vdj7 on my mac 10.6.5, but the headphones and mic are not working. 

i cant hear the cue select and the mic doesnt work when i turn it on.

please help, thank you in advanced. 

5 Answers
Topic starter

did you look at the audio configuration in vdj ?

if you want to use the microphone and heaphone, you should have a confoguration that looks like this:

- input : microphone

- output(s): headphone

-soundcard: dj console rmx

Topic starter

i use a mac, i dont have this issue. but i know when i first got it if i didnt plug in the usb first and then start vdj it would act all screwey so now i just make sure the usb is plugged in before i start vdj

Topic starter

phat & redskyy,

thanks for your help, it helped a lot. i wasnt setting my soundcard properly. i just have a few things to fix; how can i get my mic to work? and how can i program the 6 buttons to do effects, set cues & loops?

thanks again πŸ™‚

Topic starter

on vdj u see where it says like beat grid flanger pitch blend+ - and loop in and out. if you click on one of them it will give you a drop down and u can choose what you want. as for the mic i just plugged my mix in and the very top left of the mixer right by the hercules emblem says mic on/off when hit that button it will turn blue mics on when u want it off hit the button the volume is also right next to it. 

Topic starter

also with the rmx the buttons labled  1,2,3,4,5,6, u see those well 1 is loop in , 4 is loop out 2 is pitchblend  + 5 is pitch blend- (please not im doing this from memory but ull figure it out ) 3 is beat grid and 6 is flanger. the book that came with the rmx, yes this big scary book! lol has alot of the stuff your asking and really isnt that big its about 20 dif languages but if you still have problems let me know. i check the forums quite a bit.