Notifications
Clear all

virtualdj et itunes music

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

dear all,

unfortunately, virtualdj software for hercules console rmx can not read bought itunes music.

do you know a "turnaround" a solution to use bought itunes music with virtualdj?

looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers

jojo

2 Answers
Topic starter

the answer, from the virtual dj support site:

"i am having problems to display on the main windows the titles that i bought on itunes. it seems that vdj does not read those files. could you know how i can bypass this ?

apple has decided to make its itunes files bought on the istore only playable inside itunes or an ipod. no other sofware or mp3 device are allowed to play it. and so is virtualdj.
there is nothing we can do about it.
virtualdj is still compatible with itunes files that dont come from the istore, as well as with all other kind of protection but itunes, such as yahoo music, msn music, napster, etc..."

and here is the answer from traktors support site:

"aac files bought in the apple music store will not play

traktor 3 supports aac files in general. anyhow, it is not possible to use files bought in the apple music store, because apple uses apple drm to protect the files. for legal reasons, traktor can not use these files. "

so basically, with either softwares, you cant play files bought on itunes.

Topic starter

its a bummer, but the only way around it is, is to burn all your itunes tracks onto cds, and if youve got hundreds it will take sometime.

anyway burn them on cd, then rip them back to your pc and then you should be able to convert them to mp3. or you could find some software, that strips the drm when converting to mp3, but thats very lllegal.