waste of time and m...

Notifications
Clear all

waste of time and money?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi ive been trying to get my hercules air to work with virtual dj now for a few hours, there is a couple of options i have and i think ive tried them all!

i have a focusrite saffire 6 audio interface which my monitors are plugged into, or i have some standard pc speakers which i have triend plugging into the back of the hercules.

i plug the headphones into the front of the hercules, but yet i cant get the headphones and speakers to work at the same time so i can cue tracks. now this is really annoying since i was expecting a plug and play experience not such diffuclties that i am having.

can some one please try and help me out. 

In order to have a Plug and Play experience, Virtual DJ Pro full would have to know the audio interface you wish to use.

Since this is impossible (unless the software was preconfigured and bundled with said controller), you will have to set the audio configuration yourself, as described in the document included with the MIDI mapping files, available from the support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=287&cid=10

It would also be possible to use Focusrite in a similare manner, but be aware that some additional configuration might be necessary on the audio interface itself (for example, the headphone output is often a reproduction of Ouput 1-2 and would need to be reassigned to another output pair to be independant, etc).

Also, it is always easier to stick to only one interface per software. Although sometimes possible, it often leads to more issues. 

Hello,

The settings to control VDJ Pro 7 with DJ Control Air is described in our blog here.