windows 10 map issu...

Notifications
Clear all

windows 10 map issues

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all 🙂 maybe its my own issue, but after installing windows 10 and the latestet hercules drivers, my rmx mapping in traktor is not working correctly... i have tried to reinstall hercules latest drivers package, but it didnt help... i also have tried running traktor as administrator privileges without success...
i wonder if there are more people having this issue.

best regards guys,
smyth 

Could be a little more precise about what exactly is the problem with the mapping ?

- If your Rmx is correctly installed:

-  and working as a MIDI controller outside of Traktor:

Then it would be obvious that the problem is within Traktor or the mapping itself.

It is the same version of Traktor and mapping that you were using before installing Windows 10 ?

A mapping created with a specific version of Traktor may not work properly if you installed a more recent version where changes and new functionnalities have been introduced.

Topic starter

DJ Phatso, thanks for your answer 🙂

Problem identified and solved. After performing a lot of tests, uninstalls and installs, checking Midi.... i found what the problem is.

I used to have 3 mappings installed (only 1 active, of course). I can't explain why, but with  Windows 10, if you have more than 1 map installed in Traktor, the controller gets all messed up: some buttons don't work as expected or don't work at all.
This has nothing to do with latest Traktor version, because i have tried with the previous version (where everything was working fine with Windows 7) and i still had the same problem.

So, my conclusion is... if you have Windows 10 and Traktor, you can only have 1 Midi map installed.

I'm not a geek on this, so feel free to comment this in a more technical way 🙂

Thank you, Smyth

To avoid any confusion between mapping (given many are loaded), simply make sure that for each one, the device name (in your case the Rmx) for (MIDI) IN and OUT PORT are assigned specifically to that mapping. If ALL PORTS is selected instead, then any MIDI controller will send signal to all mapping, which is bound to create some conflicts.

For more detail abouthow to configure Controller manager:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/698/how-to-use-the-controller-manager-in-traktor/