wish list for new f...

Notifications
Clear all

wish list for new firmware for the rmx

28 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

im starting this message board for wishes of things that you would liked to be added to the rmx through a new firmware. im pretty sure it is possible, if its not please let me know.
for my first wish i would really like it if there was an option to keep all the lights on at the same time. or invert them so that more lights are on than of. i mean the lights are pretty awsome, its just a shame that only a few of them are on at a time. it would also make it easy to use in the dark if djing in a dark spot.
bring up your wishes!!!

14 Answers

Utimately, it's the software that has the control over the LEDs.

If you are using Traktor, you can simply edit the TKS file so that all the LEDs would be on all the time.

Same thing for Virtual DJ (however going directly throught the driver and not MIDI), who is able to have LEDs come on when someting is active ( PLAY for example), or blink if needed (like the SYNC buttons). Again, you could create a MIDI configuration that would turn all the LEDs ON.   

14 Answers
Topic starter

Again, you could create a MIDI configuration that would turn all the LEDs ON. 

How would you do that then?

In VirtualDJ, I thought if you use the midi option in the remote control tab of VirtualDJ Pro config, to re config the RMX, you lose the light's. It's the same with any midi controller or device.

14 Answers

I thought there was some options to send MIDI Out, but upon closer examination, it looks like it's not the case...my mistake!

In this case, it looks like you'll need to send requests to VDJ for them to implement some options to access the LEDs, otherwise, you'll have to live with what's there....  

14 Answers
Topic starter

lol, you lost me in the first message with all the configuration talk. But hey, it was just an idea. lets see what vdj comes up with.

14 Answers
Topic starter

now, that we are in the subject of midi configuration, im going to ask here even tho its not about the this topic, but does any body know if there is a way to keep must of the pre configured controllers and change like one or two, for example change the play pause button to play/stutter. something that is not super complicated that you have to go and re map the whole thing. you know i'm not that technical.

14 Answers
Topic starter

I think mate, that would require you, or someone to create a small mapper.

Are you any good at programming, lol

I know a VirtualDJ teamer (Moramax) has started a mapper for the RMX, so we'll have to wait and see.

14 Answers
Topic starter

Hey Guys...

I have to ask,
cause I still not sure if I got it right,
Is there any way to set the RMX with ALL Leds on/off  (including kills and effects) ?
for sure I like to know that, and if not - (TheNameIsEdi) I wish that - to the wish list.

and for your last question, I asked something like that to:
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-gb/forum/en-software/000929/

keep the beat alive...Cool

14 Answers
Topic starter

LOl. sometimes i have problems reading my city's bus maps. let along a midi map. i have no idea how that works

14 Answers
Topic starter

LOl. sometimes i have problems reading my city's bus maps. let along a midi map. i have no idea how that works

Well, that makes 2 of us then, lol Smile

14 Answers
Topic starter

Jimmy:

Any word on moramax's mapper, or any other Hercules-related news, coming from the VDJ side of the world?

14 Answers
Topic starter

Jimmy:

Any word on moramax's mapper, or any other Hercules-related news, coming from the VDJ side of the world?

No mate, I haven't heard anything on the mapper or from the VirtualDJ forum,

I was thinking about that a few days ago aswell

I think I'll have to PM a certain person, who may know whats been going on.

14 Answers

Hello Steve,

Ressources related to the Rmx on VirtualDJ website:

- Hercules Rmx Plus skin: this skin lets you see the effets and sampler with the Rmx skin
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4615/Hercules_RMX_Plus.html

- VDJ vs Rmx skin: it adds in VirtualDJ Pro internal mixer skin but the 6 buttons of the Rmx / Steel
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4811/VDJ_vs_RMX.html

- Rmx Config: a plugin to map on DJ Console Rmx/DJ Control Steel buttons 1 to 6 any function of VirtualDJ
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4830/RMX_config_.html

14 Answers
Topic starter

Jimmy:

No mate, I haven't heard anything on the mapper or from the VirtualDJ forum,

I was thinking about that a few days ago aswell

I think I'll have to PM a certain person, who may know whats been going on.

Well there is a VirtualDJ RMX Mapper in development now, and there will be soon a beta version for certain candidates to test

Check this post out from the VirtualDJ forum

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/100356/Virtual_DJ_Plugins/Hercules_rmx_mapper__.html

14 Answers
Topic starter

this are some great additions for the rmx

14 Answers
Page 1 / 2