Starlight jog wheel...

Notifications
Clear all

Starlight jog wheels unresponsive in vinyl mode

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Back in 2019 I purchased a nifty Hercules Starlight as a ultraportable backup option. Unfortunately I am struggling with it for a long time now.

While it basically works with all software I throw at it (Serato Pro, DJuiced, Djay Pro AI), the jog wheels work well for scrubbing through the songs when playback is paused and for nudging playing tracks. But with Vinyl mode enabled it's pretty impossible to scratch as the jogs do not react.

The behavior is independent from the hardware connected to. It's the same on my MacBook Pro M1, a Macbook 12" 2015 (also in Bootcamp Windows) and some older hardware flying around here. It also makes no difference if the MacBooks are plugged in or not or if the Starlight is connected through a powered hub.

With the purchase of my brand new Inpulse T7 and the awesome support here regarding 2 mapping wishes I am now curious if we get the Starlight to work as well.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Nevermind. I just found the answer within the forum.

It's just a ground problem as described below. I cleaned the platters with Alcohol wipes with no success. But I found the thread that explained, that plugging a Macbook into a wall outlet is different to plugging it into an external battery, which is what I usually do at home.

So I pulled a cable and 2 tryouts later I can tell, the starlight works flawless when I connect the power cord directly to the USB-C-hub's PD input and does not work when the power cord goes into the 2nd USB-C of my M1 MacBook Pro. This is for Serato Pro, DJuced and Djay Pro AI. So I'm happy for now. 

As I usually DJ with the Macbook plugged in, it's just the power cord port that makes the difference. So #TheMoreYouKnow.

Mark this as "problem solved". Thank you.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Sascha from dj-mcsushii.de

Hello Sacha,

Thanks for your feedback.