Notifications
Clear all

Hercules DJ Air Control Air Pre Listening Problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, I have the DJ control air from hercules and I have a problem with the pre-listening of the music. In the settings, the DJ controller is selected as the audio device and it is connected to the computer via the USB cable. There are 2 speakers connected to the rear output of the controller and when I play a song you can hear the music playing. In addition, headphones are connected via a jack connection and here is the problem. When the music is playing through the speakers and the controller is set to CUE, I can still hear the mix playing from the speakers. If I also play a song on the second deck then I can not only hear that song but both at the same time. that makes mixing impossible. I ask for tips and help. The master has outputs 1&2 and headphones 3&4. what should I do

2 Answers

Hello Hermanodaniel,

If you met a technical problem on a computer peripheral as a DJ controller, writing precisely 
- computer (brand & model),
- operating system (version of Windows or macOS),
- USB connection (direct connection to USB type A port, connection through a powered USB hub, connection to a USB-C port via a USB-C to A adapter...)  
- DJ application
- audio settings
is necessary to get an appropriate technical guidance from people who cannot see your computer configuration.

If you do not provide this technical information, let's assume you use a PC with Windows 10 or 11, and today's Djuced (5 or 6). 
Then the most likely origin of your issue is that 
- you selected DJControl Air WASAPI as audio device in the DJ application,
- you Windows installation has enabled a surround virtualisation.

Then the easiest solution consists in:
- Installing the Windows drivers for your DJ controller https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolair-en/
(For Windows 10 or 11, the driver package is HDJCSeries PC [2023.HDJS.2 - Windows 10-11] ASIO drivers)
- in the DJ software, in Audio Device field, select the device "DJControl Air ASIO (ASIO)).
=> then and you should no longer hear the master in the headphones.

hermanodaniel Topic starter 01/05/2024 7:49 pm

Hi, I installed the driver, but the audio device you mentioned doesn't appear in the program settings for the audio devices. I have an HP 255 G5 Notebook PC with Windows 10 Home Version 22H2. I downloaded the program using the included CD (DJUCED 18). The USB cable from the controller is connected to the USB A port as normal. Two speakers and a sub are connected to the mixer at the back of the device (mix) via a jack. In the settings I see 4 devices. Speakers (DJ Control Air). Speakers/headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio). ASIO4ALL v2(ASIO). Fl Studio ASIO. what can I do to get the device running again?

Hello,

1) I think you did not install the drivers.
After downloading, the driver package is HDJCSeries PC [2023.HDJS.2 - Windows 10-11] ASIO drivers
did you run the installer, did you run the file 2023_HDJS_2.exe?

2) The time where drivers and apps were delivered in CDs is really old. So is Djuced 18 is : Djuced 18 and Djuced 40 merged in a new Djuced in 2016 or 2017. 
In my opinion, you should install a more up-to-date version of Djuced, I suggest Djuced 5.3.2 which supports your operating system.
https://www.djuced.com/archive/
and supports  DJControl Air.
To avoid a conflict between old tag formats (audio files metadata) and today's tags, you should re-analyze your audio tracks in the newer version of Djuced.