Notifications
Clear all

Software Update failure djuced 6.0.6

2 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello!

I am using 6.0.4 DJUCED on a Windows 11 Home (hardware: AMD Ryzen 7 6800U, 16GB RAM) with DJControl Inpulse 500. I cannot make it to update the software to 6.0.6 version.

a) In order to update the software do I need to write the licence number in the dashboard? If yes, where can I find the licence number associated with my DJControl Inpulse 500?

b) I have already downloaded from the website the 6.0.6 version and run it as administrator on the laptop, yet everytime i get inside the software it is still the 6.0.4 version. Then the popup of the update comes, and once i click it, starts the download but it stops everytime.

What can I do to solve the issue and update correcly the software?

Thanks,

Sofia

2 Answers

Hello,

1) Djuced 6.0.6 Windows/macOS has no licence number: detecting the DJ controller unlocks the software.

2) If you have downloaded Djuced 6.0.6, on the PC, closed other Djuced versions, and run the installation of Djuced 6.0.6:
- either Djuced 6.0.6 is installed on your computer, in C:\Program Files\DJUCED folder
(and then you have renamed the folder of Djuced 6.0.4 so that it is not erased and you run Djuced 6.0.4 in another folder)
- or you get an error message when you install Djuced 6.0.6 and then please write on the forum the error message to get guidance.

3) If you have already installed Djuced 6.0.6 on your computer in C:\Program Files\DJUCED,  and run Djuced 6.0.4 from another folder, then when you click on update at Djuced settings about tab, then it cannot be updated as it is already installed on the computer. 

I love DJUCED. Especially in conjunction with my dj controller INPULSE 500.
When update 6 came out I installed it immediately, but one function stopped working.
I'm talking about the BeatJump option.

Problem 1. When I work on the controller.

In version 5 it was like this:

• I switch on QUANT (the button lights up) on the controller.
  • I press PLAY.
  • A track is playing.
  • I press the SHIFT button on the controller.
  • the QUANT button switches off (the LED stops lighting up) on the controller.
  • I hold down the SHIFT button and start to spin the AUTO LOOP.
  • Starts rewinding the track according to the set LOOP values. Rewind is fast and smooth.

This also works when the track is not playing and I need to fast forward the track by 32 or 64 bars:

• I press the SHIFT button on the controller
  • QUANT button switches off (LED stops lighting up) on the controller.
  • holding SHIFT button I start to spin AUTO LOOP.
  • The track starts rewinding according to the set 32/64 LOOP values.

Now version 6.

• I switch on QUANT (button lights up) on the controller.
  • I press PLAY.
  • the track is playing.
  • I press the SHIFT button on the controller.
  • the QUANT button switches off (the LED stops lighting up) on the controller.
  • holding down the SHIFT button I start to turn AUTO LOOP.

Now the differences that are not convenient or it is a programme error....

• track rewinding does NOT start according to the set LOOP values. BeatJump function starts working and I can't quickly rewind the track to the right moment. Track rewind is slow. It doesn't work well. You cannot fast forward to the desired value.

To make it work in the sixth version I need to manually disable the QUANT button and only then I can get it to work like in the fifth version.

But it is very inconvenient to switch QUANT off every time to rewind a track and switch it back on again for QUANT to work when PLAY is pressed.

Problem 2.

So big error in BeatJump (Beat Jump) when working with mouse in PREPARE mode.

When I press the BeatJump button in the programme, everything works, but when I press the button below (Press bottom buttons to jump loop size Beat) the jump is still done by 1 beat, but not by the specified values in the Loop Size field.

These two strange features of BeatJump (Beat Jump) and the error of BeatJump (Beat Jump) in PREPARE mode keep me from fully switching to version 6.
I'm still working in version 5, unfortunately.

Please fix at least the BeatJump buttons working in PREPARE mode.

Windows 10 22H2
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 3700 MHz, 32 RAM, SSD 500 M.2, All Music in SSD (mp3, flac).
ASRock X370 Taichi
SSD 970 EVO 500GB
AMD Radeon RX 580 Nitro 8gb

This post was modified 2 months ago by Zirrex