Using Impulse 200 M...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Impulse 200 Mk2 as Second Controller for Djuced

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello, i wanted to play with 4 decks with the Impulse 200 mk2 as 2nd Controller and searched on the internet for a mapping as i saw i need a seperate mapping for this. Is was wondering If there is a mapping for this. 

Thanks for the answer.

8 Answers

Hello JTM,

Welcome to the community area.

1) I presume your DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 will control Djuced decks 3 and 4, so what is the primary DJ controller controlling decks 1 and 2?

2) I have no DJC Inpulse 200 MK2 on hand but I can show you the menus with a DJC Inpulse 300 MK2 unit.
Hereafter, I set Djuced with
- DJControl Inpulse 500 controlling decks 1 & 2 (keep default configuration)
- DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2 controlling decks 3 & 4 (I change decks configuration to control Djuced decks 3 and 4)

a) Run Djuced 6 with both DJ controllers connected to the computer.

b) Go in Djuced > Settings > Mapping and click on the controller which will control decks 3 & 4.
Here, I select  DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2.

https://i.postimg.cc/GccSjyrP/Djuced-6-Mapping-01-Select-DJ-Controller.avif

c)  Click on the key labelled “Decks” on right below the Dj controllers list.

d) I Assign Deck 3 to the MIDI controiler deck 1 / Deck 4 to the MIDI Controller deck 2.

https://i.postimg.cc/7Ld3vcR2/Djuced-6-Mapping-02-Select-Deck.avif

e) Click on OK to close the deck menu, and click again on OK to quit the mapping menu. 

f) When I set Djuced in 4-deck mode, DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2 controls decks 3 and 4.

Topic starter

Hey, 

im using an Old MP3 LE to controll deck 1 and 2.

1 .I don´t find the Configuration to change it so The Inpulse 200 MK2 is controlling Deck 3 & 4 and don´t know where to find it.(Searched a long time). 

2. I don´t got the Key which Labeled "Decks" as you wrote on my Mapping when i click on the Inpulse 200 MK2.

If you could help me with this would be very nice. 

Thanks JTM

Hello,

Indeed, you are right, it is my fault, the "Decks" key on my screen comes from a beta version of Djuced, it is not a feature of the regular Djuced
In the regular Djuced, there is no Decks key so that you need a customized mapping file to assign DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 to Djuced decks 3 &4.

Here is a customized mapping file with DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 controlling Djuced decks 3 and 4
https://we.tl/t-6JdWBVgEfP
This file will remain online for 7 days.

Connect DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 to the computer where you have already installed Djuced 6.
Double click on the "DJControl_Inpulse_200_Mk2_On_Decks_3&4.djm" file.
It opens DJUCED and it copies the mapping file into "/Username/My Documents/DJUCED/midi"

In DJUCED > Settings > Mapping, you can choose the mapping files between
- "Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 Mk2" to control decks 1 & 2, the standard mapping,
- "Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 Mk2 3-4" to control decks 3 and 4, the customized mapping.

NB: Hercules support team can support only the DJ controller with their standard mapping, so if you use a customized mapping, do not call or contact Hercules technical support team for it. If you meet a technical problem, you must
1- load the standard mapping,
2- check if the controller works as expected with the standard mapping:
 - if it works as expected it makes no sense to call/contact Hercules tech support,
 - if it does not work as expected then you can call/contact Hercules technical support. 

Please could you publish the DJControl_Inpulse_200_Mk2_On_Decks_3&4.djm file officially and permanently link, so that the rest of us who have the same problem can solve it?

Thank you.

Hello Ponsato,

No, I cannot put a permanent link as I heard Djuced team plans a new mapping process changing the mapping, and I am not sure these mapping scripts will be compatible with this future release if Djuced, so if the link is permanent and the future Djuced does not support the current scripts, DJs may download obsolete mapping scripts.

Maybe the future Djuced will support these scripts and I am just too cautious, but in the past I uploaded a pdf guideline for a  firmware update of DJ controllers on a permanent link. This guideline process stopped being the best after a new Windows release + Hercules updating its firmware program, but unfortunately the pdf guideline file was remaining available for download on third party website offering drivers, a website I had no control on, and for roughly 2 years, some DJs kept on following a firmware update process which was no longer the best.

I understand... I thought you were from the Hercules team, and that the file was ‘official’, sorry.
Currently on the Hercules website there is no mapping to be able to use decks 3 & 4 of any of the MK2 controllers. I'll try to map it myself (unless you don't mind re-sharing that file).
As for what you say about sharing obsolete information that spreads and affects clueless users... I'm a software developer, this is our daily bread, we live surrounded by obsolete information, it is up to each one of us to contrast or apply the information we get. In the same way, obsolete information was once valid, and as long as it doesn't stop working, it is still valid...

On the other hand, I have just bought a P32 controller (it will arrive in two days) to use it as a secondary for a 300mk2, and I understand that for this controller I will not have this problem as there are mappings ready, right? If this is not the case, I will surely ask for help to be able to map it...

Hello Ponsato,

We, in community UX Team, are not part of Hercules or technical support, but Hercules grants the UX Team some moderation rights on communiy.hercules.com, so
- Hercules lets us post what we post, as mapping files, whether they come from us or from Hercules,
- Hercules shares with us some information and suggestions, but we do not know Hercules confidential information,
- so when Djuced teams say they plan to revise the mapping process, we do not know if existing mapping files remain compatible and we avoid hosting Djuced mapping files on permanent links because of it.

I have just sent you the DJC Inpulse 200 MK2 mapping file to control Djuced decks 3 & 4, my private message is available on your profile page at the messages tab.
P32 mapping file as secondary controller is already integrated in Djuced, so you need no additional mapping file. 

File received, I will test it as soon as I can.

Thank you so much! great service, and great products!