Using Impulse 200 M...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Impulse 200 Mk2 as Second Controller for Djuced

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello, i wanted to play with 4 decks with the Impulse 200 mk2 as 2nd Controller and searched on the internet for a mapping as i saw i need a seperate mapping for this. Is was wondering If there is a mapping for this. 

Thanks for the answer.

3 Answers

Hello JTM,

Welcome to the community area.

1) I presume your DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 will control Djuced decks 3 and 4, so what is the primary DJ controller controlling decks 1 and 2?

2) I have no DJC Inpulse 200 MK2 on hand but I can show you the menus with a DJC Inpulse 300 MK2 unit.
Hereafter, I set Djuced with
- DJControl Inpulse 500 controlling decks 1 & 2 (keep default configuration)
- DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2 controlling decks 3 & 4 (I change decks configuration to control Djuced decks 3 and 4)

a) Run Djuced 6 with both DJ controllers connected to the computer.

b) Go in Djuced > Settings > Mapping and click on the controller which will control decks 3 & 4.
Here, I select  DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2.

https://i.postimg.cc/GccSjyrP/Djuced-6-Mapping-01-Select-DJ-Controller.avif

c)  Click on the key labelled “Decks” on right below the Dj controllers list.

d) I Assign Deck 3 to the MIDI controiler deck 1 / Deck 4 to the MIDI Controller deck 2.

https://i.postimg.cc/7Ld3vcR2/Djuced-6-Mapping-02-Select-Deck.avif

e) Click on OK to close the deck menu, and click again on OK to quit the mapping menu. 

f) When I set Djuced in 4-deck mode, DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2 controls decks 3 and 4.

Topic starter

Hey, 

im using an Old MP3 LE to controll deck 1 and 2.

1 .I don´t find the Configuration to change it so The Inpulse 200 MK2 is controlling Deck 3 & 4 and don´t know where to find it.(Searched a long time). 

2. I don´t got the Key which Labeled "Decks" as you wrote on my Mapping when i click on the Inpulse 200 MK2.

If you could help me with this would be very nice. 

Thanks JTM

Hello,

Indeed, you are right, it is my fault, the "Decks" key on my screen comes from a beta version of Djuced, it is not a feature of the regular Djuced
In the regular Djuced, there is no Decks key so that you need a customized mapping file to assign DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 to Djuced decks 3 &4.

Here is a customized mapping file with DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 controlling Djuced decks 3 and 4
https://we.tl/t-6JdWBVgEfP
This file will remain online for 7 days.

Connect DJControl Inpulse 200 MK2 to the computer where you have already installed Djuced 6.
Double click on the "DJControl_Inpulse_200_Mk2_On_Decks_3&4.djm" file.
It opens DJUCED and it copies the mapping file into "/Username/My Documents/DJUCED/midi"

In DJUCED > Settings > Mapping, you can choose the mapping files between
- "Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 Mk2" to control decks 1 & 2, the standard mapping,
- "Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 Mk2 3-4" to control decks 3 and 4, the customized mapping.

NB: Hercules support team can support only the DJ controller with their standard mapping, so if you use a customized mapping, do not call or contact Hercules technical support team for it. If you meet a technical problem, you must
1- load the standard mapping,
2- check if the controller works as expected with the standard mapping:
 - if it works as expected it makes no sense to call/contact Hercules tech support,
 - if it does not work as expected then you can call/contact Hercules technical support.