4-mx + numark ndx40...

Notifications
Clear all

4-mx + numark ndx400 cd player sound distortion

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi i have searched the hardware/software topics and cant seem to find a solution to my problem, when my numark ndx400 cd player is connected to the 4-mx and i play music after a while the sound starts to distort really bad, doesnt matter if im playing the song off my laptop or a cd in the numark, at the beginning the sound is clear then starts distorting. anyone have this issue? i have tried setting the inputs to "line in" and "pro line" and "boost line" but nothing seems to work.

my laptop specs are:
- pentium dual-core 2.3 ghz
- 3 gigs off ram
- windows 7

Hello,

Please precise if 
1) you have not this issue when NDX400 CD player is not connected,
2) you have disabled the wifi from your PC, and Windows setting to save power on the USB in cutting power on the USB port?

Topic starter

Hi no issues when the CD player is not connected or when the player is connected BUT not selected within VDJ, so if I have the Input in VDJ set to "None" and the player is connected no issue.

I have also disabled wifi and have set Windows to not turn off to save power.

Hello,

Can you check if you don't also get this distortion in connecting directly your speakers to the CD player (without going through the 4-Mx)?
I don't know if you are in the same situation, but I have read this comment here from a user of a NDX400.

Topic starter

thanks maxdjack, i will try it out.

has anyone connected any cd players to their 4-mx? what are the options that were set.