asio and sound qual...

Notifications
Clear all

asio and sound quality questions

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

are there any situations where you would select hercules asio rather than the hercules rmx icon in virtual dj (5.2.1 pro)? ive tried asio but cant get all the functionality working. it seems that it switches hercules to asio anyway when vdj starts (which sort of sounds like what is going on from what ive read on these forums).

any chance that future release will address sound quality? ive used a denon hd-2500 as a midi/asio controller in my setup (all the same other than having a mixer in the loop as well) and the sound quality for the hercules rmx is not quite as good. perhaps the vdj eqing is adding to the degredation. i dont touch that at all with the denon since im using a denon mixer in that config as well.

otherwise, liking the interface quite a lot! more precise than the denon unit from a controller perspective.

4 Answers

Hello argyx,

1) VirtualDJ automatically switches the DJ Console Rmx in ASIO if you select the mode "Activate EQ on external inputs", so there is no difference between Hercules ASIO and DJ Console Rmx as sound board.

2) To improve the audio quality in VirtualDJ, you should go in VirtualDJ Config menu and:

- in the performance setting, disable the Safe Mode for the sound card,

- in the Option Cap, disable the AutoGain setting.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Gotcha. I couldn't figure out how to enable EQ in ASIO, so that's a relief to find that out.

I always disable Safe Mode. AutoGain I turned off last evening about half way through the gig and the sound did improve. Good to know I was on the right path.

Thanks for the quick reply and info. 

4 Answers
Topic starter

I always disable Safe Mode. AutoGain I turned off last evening about half way through the gig and the sound did improve. Good to know I was on the right path.

Also some more helpful advice, is to have the Preset slider all the way to Fastest, and put the latency on Auto, and if  Overclock is checked uncheck it.

4 Answers
Topic starter

I do disable Overclock, but I'm confused on the slider suggestion. I thought it's position was ignored when Auto was set. More accurately, I thought most of the settings it triggers are either ignored or you end up setting them differently anyway. Is that slider doing things outside what you see on the Performances panel?

...on a forum matter, how do you change your profile? I don't see the option so I can add my interface & software.

4 Answers
Topic starter

hello argyx,

1) virtualdj automatically switches the dj console rmx in asio if you select the mode "activate eq on external inputs", so there is no difference between hercules asio and dj console rmx as sound board.

2) to improve the audio quality in virtualdj, you should go in virtualdj config menu and:

- in the performance setting, disable the safe mode for the sound card,

- in the option cap, disable the autogain setting.

Topic starter

gotcha. i couldnt figure out how to enable eq in asio, so thats a relief to find that out.

i always disable safe mode. autogain i turned off last evening about half way through the gig and the sound did improve. good to know i was on the right path.

thanks for the quick reply and info. 

Topic starter

i always disable safe mode. autogain i turned off last evening about half way through the gig and the sound did improve. good to know i was on the right path.

also some more helpful advice, is to have the preset slider all the way to fastest, and put the latency on auto, and if  overclock is checked uncheck it.

Topic starter

i do disable overclock, but im confused on the slider suggestion. i thought its position was ignored when auto was set. more accurately, i thought most of the settings it triggers are either ignored or you end up setting them differently anyway. is that slider doing things outside what you see on the performances panel?

...on a forum matter, how do you change your profile? i dont see the option so i can add my interface & software.