broken virtual dj s...

Notifications
Clear all

broken virtual dj software disk for mk4

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my vitrtual dj disk broke and i dont know where to get software. can i download it from somewhere. i beleive is version 2.0.6.10. i have a hercules mk4

please help..

6 Answers

If you've already registered your serial number of Virtual DJ on their website, you will be able to download the latest update from the Download section.

Drivers for the console are always available on our support site. 

6 Answers
Topic starter

DJ Phatso,

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. I do have another question though.
I've tried downloading Virtual DJ but when i try to install it i get a window that tells the following in the installation screen.

"This software requires an additional 23183 k bytes free on the G: drive to install. Please remove any unnecessary files and try again"

Under that statement it gives me the "Abort, "Retry" and "Ignore" options.  I press ignore and in next screen i get another small window with the following

"The file G:\tashtemp\Virtual DJ\Sampler\copyright.txt could not be opened.Please check that your disk is not full and that you have acces to destination directory.The system cannot find the path specified."

Your further help will be inmensely appreciated.

Kind regards

Tomas

6 Answers

Hello iloco,

When you re-install VirtualDJ, at the moment VirtualDJ proposes an installation folder, you should type another path for this folder (as C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ_Mk4) as VirtualDJ is apparently trying to install the software on a bad installation directory.

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Madjack,

Thank you very much for your answer, however, I tried your suggestion but it did not work. I'm still getting the same answer.

I'm not sure what to do now. I would appreciate your further help.

I am running windows vista.

Thank you once and I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Iloco

6 Answers

Hello,

Please precise the folder which VirtualDJ proposes as installation folder.   

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi Made In Breizh,

Thank you very much for your help.

I finaly managed to fix and it appears as though it something to do with illegal content in my computer.

Once I did the following:

This kind of error is when you use or used VirtualDJ illegal sources. This kind of software change windows registry in such a way that avoid the installation of legal one.

uninstall and delete all VirtualDJ software you have in your PC.
Remove VirtualDJ Folder on windows registry.

Then install VirtualDJ DJC version only (downloaded from VirtualDJ website: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html )

Being VirtualDJ Pro legal user give you advantages and benefits. There is a tool for registered Pro users that let you fully delete all those changes made by illegal sources and let you use VirtualDJ Pro normally.

Please be sure to fully delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDJ

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VirtualDJ

Thank you once again for your help.

This is an awesome site and i will most certainly refer anyone to it when they purchase HERCULES products.

Thank you all once again

iloco

6 Answers
Topic starter

if youve already registered your serial number of virtual dj on their website, you will be able to download the latest update from the download section.

drivers for the console are always available on our support site. 

Topic starter

dj phatso,

thank you very much for your help. i really appreciate it. i do have another question though.
ive tried downloading virtual dj but when i try to install it i get a window that tells the following in the installation screen.

"this software requires an additional 23183 k bytes free on the g: drive to install. please remove any unnecessary files and try again"

under that statement it gives me the "abort, "retry" and "ignore" options.  i press ignore and in next screen i get another small window with the following

"the file g: ashtempvirtual djsamplercopyright.txt could not be opened.please check that your disk is not full and that you have acces to destination directory.the system cannot find the path specified."

your further help will be inmensely appreciated.

kind regards

tomas

Topic starter

hello iloco,

when you re-install virtualdj, at the moment virtualdj proposes an installation folder, you should type another path for this folder (as c:program files (x86)virtualdj_mk4) as virtualdj is apparently trying to install the software on a bad installation directory.

Topic starter

hi madjack,

thank you very much for your answer, however, i tried your suggestion but it did not work. im still getting the same answer.

im not sure what to do now. i would appreciate your further help.

i am running windows vista.

thank you once and i look forward to your reply.

regards

iloco

Topic starter

hello,

please precise the folder which virtualdj proposes as installation folder.   

Topic starter

hi made in breizh,

thank you very much for your help.

i finaly managed to fix and it appears as though it something to do with illegal content in my computer.

once i did the following:

this kind of error is when you use or used virtualdj illegal sources. this kind of software change windows registry in such a way that avoid the installation of legal one.

uninstall and delete all virtualdj software you have in your pc.
remove virtualdj folder on windows registry.

then install virtualdj djc version only (downloaded from virtualdj website: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html )

being virtualdj pro legal user give you advantages and benefits. there is a tool for registered pro users that let you fully delete all those changes made by illegal sources and let you use virtualdj pro normally.

please be sure to fully delete:
hkey_current_usersoftwarevirtualdj

and

hkey_local_machinesoftwarevirtualdj

thank you once again for your help.

this is an awesome site and i will most certainly refer anyone to it when they purchase hercules products.

thank you all once again

iloco