could i have bricke...

Notifications
Clear all

could i have bricked my mk4?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i connected the hercules dj console mk4 after installing the latest drivers from the website. it popped up that it needed a firmware update so i applied the update when it installed the new firmware the device disconnected and reconnected and my computer started showing it as an unknown device.

Sounds like it might be that case.

Could you contact Technical Support and mention this forum post ?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

We've had a few similar cases and we've been trying to get our hands on a unit to study the problem as we can't reproduce it in our lab. Tech Support will be able to arrange an exchange.

Also, can you details your computer specs ?

Hello Sirin,

Maybe the problem just comes from your USB port has a toolow power supply. Can you check if you can get a USB hub which has a power adapter to connect on your PC just the time to reflash the firmware.

Once you have connected the MK4 to the PC through the USB hub, and once it is detected as an unknown device, can you dow as follows:
Click on Windows Start > Run
In the Run dialog box, please type (including the quotation marks)
"C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" –manual

If you get a window like this

then the computer has no problem to read the firmware in DJ Console Mk4, and you can leave the firmware updater (click on the cross on top right).

If you get a window with no version of firmware in the Current column (or firmware version 0)

then the firmware is not read and you can try reflashing the audio firmware.

Click on "Open Audio" button to go in the folder C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware and make sure you see a file MK4_TUSB_F.dja.

Click on the flash checkbox in the Firmware Audio line

and click on Update! button.
Do not unplug the controller as long as the flashing task is finished.

When the flashing is over, you should get this type of message.

You can now disconnect and reconnect (unplug and replug the USB cable) the DJ Console Mk4, and close the firmware updater.
If DJ Console Mk4 is still not properly working, you can restart the firmware updater, and check the Firmware controller version.
If, after flashing the audio, you get a version of audio firmware, but still not version of Firmware Controller, click on the check box for Firmware Controller, and update the controller firmware.