dj control air - cr...

Notifications
Clear all

dj control air - crossfader issue

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i have my control air since xmas, and i use traktor scratch pro 2 with the mappings from traktor bible, and my issue is, that the crossfader has some kind of a deadzone where it only starts moving on the screen, after i move it for nearly 1 cm from either side, which makes crab scratches really difficult, im not sure if its a software or hardware issue, and i dont know if its possible to callibrate the xfader in any way, any help would be greatly appreciated ! 

Test the crossfader using the following procedure:

PC: 

MAC: 

This will help you determine if there is a hardware problem.

Also, did you modify the Crossfader settings under Preferences > Mixer ?

Topic starter

I carried out the test and yes, it must be a hardware issue with the controller as I still had to move it slightly from each end for the midi monitor to detect movement, what can i do? since my guarantee only lasted a month, guess ill have to glue something to eash end of the fader so that i will isolate the deadzone...

There is a pre-determined deadzone at each end which should be of a few mm, so if it seems to be much bigger on your unit, then there is definitely a problem. The warranty period for Hercules products is of 2 years, so if you can't get a replacement through your retailer, please contact Technical Support.

That being said, here is something you could try in Traktor:

- In Controller Manager, find and select the control called Position in the list. This is the crossfader assigment.

- Under Mapping Details, change Interaction Mode from Direct to Relative. This will open up the bottom section in Rotary Encoder mode.

- Set the Sensitivity to 100%, and adjust the Acceleration until you find a value that seem adequate. 

Keep in mind that modifying the Crossfader settings under Preferences > Mixer will also have an influence.

Topic starter

That didn't help 🙁 Guess I'll just have to contact the Tech support. Thanks for the help anyway! 

Hello,

Please confirm you have really a DJ Control Air and not a DJControl AirPlus.

If you have a DJControl AirPlus, please go on your DJControl Air control panel, go to the advanced tab, and set the "Crossfader Settings" on "BeatMix Curve" (what you describe looks like the "Scratch Curve" setting).