Notifications
Clear all

crossfader and volume adjustments do not work on dj control instinct

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

i bought a dj control instinct a few weeks ago and ive had a few problems, been able to fix most but i havent been able to fix one. 
my cross fader and the volume adjustments dont work... anyone know how to fix this?

thanks. 

Can you be a little more specific about the problems you've had, and how exactly the crossfader and volumes do not work?

Are you using DJUCED or another DJ software ?

Did you test the controller as described in these documents ?

PC:

MAC:

Topic starter

I have the same problem too. I'm on Windows 8.1 x64. The crossfader, eq and volumebuttons aren't working. I have double-checked it with two pc's, same problem there. It used to work well (on the same pc's). 

Checked the midi-input, but when I move the faders, nothing is showing.

Does anybody have an idea? 

So all the buttons work without problem, but not the analog controls, correct ?

What happenened between the moment it was working and now? Did you perform any changes or update on the computer ?

Is the Instinct enumerated properly by Windows ?

Topic starter

Yeah, it is 😉 
It may be the firmware update. The update finished successfully, so I think it's weird if that is the problem...

And yes, only the analog controls aren't working. 

It isn't just my only pc with problems, my Windows 8.1 (x64) desktop and Windows 8.1 (x64) laptop are both having the same problems with the device.

Topic starter

I flashed the controller back to version 17, but midiox isn't showing any analog controls yet. I also put back the old drivers, but obviously they aren't working either. 

You mean to say that your controller was previously using Firmware version 17?

This is strange as I thought it was released with v20..

Try the following:

- Reinstall the latest driver package (if not done already)

- Connect the controller while holding the Folder and Files buttons, and keep pressing until the firmware updater is launched.

- Proceed to the update then test to see if the analog work.

Topic starter

You mean to say that your controller was previously using Firmware version 17?

This is strange as I thought it was released with v20..

Try the following:

- Reinstall the latest driver package (if not done already)

- Connect the controller while holding the Folder and Files buttons, and keep pressing until the firmware updater is launched.

- Proceed to the update then test to see if the analog work.

Nope, it's still not working. Note: the updater only updates the "firmware for audio". 

The DJ Instinct only has one firmware, so although it is designated as "Audio", it actually makes the entire device work.

With everything you've tried, I would venture to say that this is definitely a hardware issue with your controller. You should contact your retailler or Technical Support to obtain a replacement unit.