dj control instinct...

Notifications
Clear all

dj control instinct and djuced 18 not compatible

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi i have just purchased the dj control instinct controller.

i have followed all the installation instructions and when i open up djuced 18 i get a message that reads "dj device designed for djuced 18 not detected.  the application will run in demo mode for 30 minuites".

absolutely nothing is working in this mode, the controller and i cannot access my itunes library through djuced either.

i have checked if the dj control instinct hw is up to date and it is.

i have deleted and re-installed the software and the same problem oocurs.

also on the hercules dj series control panel i can click on the main advanced and about tabs but not the ouput channels tab.

can somebody please advise what i need to do to get the djuced to recognise the controller and read my itunes library.

regards,

steve. 

Topic starter

I Don't hve this problem 
Install again the driver..... 

Topic starter

I have re-installed 3 times now and it still does not work.  I have a windows xp operating system.  I have been able to install it on my laptop that is win7.  I need to install it on xp as that is the machine where all my music is.  

This computer is running Windows XP with Service Pack 3, correct ?

Service Pack 3 is mendatory if you want to the Instinct to work correctly.

As well, you can verify that it is properly installed:

Topic starter

When I go into device manager I can see that the Hercules DJ Devices is visible but under Sound Video and game controllers Hercules DJControl Instinct is not there. The machine is XP with Service pack 3.

Indeed, for Windows XP, it will appear as USB audio devices under Sound Video and game controllers.

Topic starter

This is not visible either.  All I have are, Audi Codecs, Legacy Audio drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio, Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device and Videp Codecs.  Can you please advise what I need to do to get the controller working.  Thanks.

Can you see anywhere else in Device Manager a or many component with a yellow exclamation mark (!) next to them?

Topic starter

No, sorry.

And there are obviously other USB devices connected to this computer ?

Have you tried other ports, or potentially connecting the Instinct to a powered USB hub instead of directly to the computer ?

Topic starter

Yes there are other USB devices connected. I shall try another port.

Topic starter

No Joy on another port. The display lights come on when connected to a port. It is not as if the controller is not working.

But both the ASIO and BULK devices are presents...strange...

Topic starter

Hello Steve.

I am having the same problem as you. Have you sorted it out yet? If so what did you do?