Notifications
Clear all

dj4set controller not working win 8.1

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys,

i recently bought the dj4set controller from hercules, and it is not working to my expectations.  first off, i installed my drivers and software from the included disk, and updated the drivers by downloading the off the official website of hercules. one of the problems are that the control panel is not working. it does not open when i left click it in my task bar, does not detect that my controller is plugged into my computer, and when i right click the dj control panel in my taskbar, the options "open" and "select device" are shaded out, and non-selectable. this frustrates me as to map the controller to traktor, i need acces to the control panel. another problem is that when i go to device manager on my computer, i see the hercules dj controller, however it is embossed with a exclamation mark, stating that the device does not function properly. is this a problem because of windows 8.1? any help is greatly appriciated.smile

computer specs: 
lenovo y510p
processor 4th generation intel core i7-4700mq processor( 2.40ghz 1600mhz 6mb)
operating system windows 8.1 64
display type 15.6" fhd led glare wedge 1920x1080
system graphics nvidia® sli - nvidia geforce gt 750m 2gb x2
total memory 16.0gb pc3-12800 ddr3 sdram 1600 mhz
hard drive device 1tb 5400rpm + 24gb ssd cache
network card intel centrino wireless n-2230
bluetooth bluetooth version 4.0  

There is indeed a problem with the the default USB drivers installed by Windows 8.1 which prevents certain devices (some Hercules DJ products among them) to be enumerated and installed correctly.

A driver and Firmware update is currently being tested to correct the issue, but in the meantime, you can try disabling the xHCI feature for the USB ports (from the computer's BIOS), which was succesful for many users. As all computers are different, please consult the user manual for the exact references and procedure to modify the BIOS. 

Topic starter

Iv'e been searching through the internet for a solution but cannot find one, do you know how to disable this feature?

Topic starter

Hey Guys,

I recently bought the DJ4SET controller from Hercules, and it is not working to my expectations.  First off, I installed my drivers and software from the included disk, and updated the drivers by downloading the off the official website of hercules. One of the problems are that the control panel is not working. It does not open when I left click it in my task bar, does not detect that my controller is plugged into my computer, and when I right click the DJ Control Panel in my taskbar, the options "Open" and "Select Device" are shaded out, and non-selectable. This frustrates me as to map the controller to Traktor, I need acces to the Control Panel. Another problem is that when I go to device manager on my computer, I see the Hercules DJ controller, however it is embossed with a exclamation mark, stating that the device does not function properly. Is this a problem because of Windows 8.1? Any help is greatly appriciated.Smile

Computer Specs: 
Lenovo Y510p
Processor 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor( 2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Operating system Windows 8.1 64
Display type 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080
System Graphics NVIDIA® SLI - Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB X2
Total memory 16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard drive device 1TB 5400rpm + 24GB SSD cache
Network card Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230
Bluetooth Bluetooth Version 4.0  

Dylan I am having the exact same problem with my Y510p and my 4set, have you had any luck figuring it out?

As indicated previously, the first step is to consult the user manual of your computer:

On page 26, look for the part titled How can I start the BIOS setup utility? and follow the instructions

Once in the BIOS menu, look for settigns related to USB, USB 3.0 or xHCI, which could be modified.

If no settings are available, then you'll need to wait for the update drivers and firmwares which are currently being tested.

Topic starter

No xhci related messages in the BIOS, how long until the new update is out?

Anything regarding USB?

The inital goal was for a release by the end of the month, but I don't know how testing is going.

Topic starter

I got annoyed and reinstalled windows 8, and it works superbly, no errors here, but untill the windows 8.1 patch comes out for the 4set, ill stick with windows 8

Topic starter

Any initial release date for this windows 8.1 update? Its past febary and the Hercules customer support centre are very bad at replying to emails.

Hello Dylan,

It is under testing now: the day there is a release date for this update is probably the day of the release.

The new drivers were released yesterday:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1