Notifications
Clear all

djuced crashing, refund looking imminent

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,
ive seen a few similar posts but i thought id describe my problem as accurately as possible to try and get a definitive response -
ive recently purchased a dj control air after using mixxx for some time with just my keyboard (well get to that later) and have installed everything as per the instructions provided. however, after less than 30 minutes for the first time using it djuced crashed on me with no explaination and no oppurtunity to wait for the programme to respond. after this happened a couple more times (each time within a quicker timespan before the crash occured) i looked for a solution, but to no avail. after scouring both this forum and other places on the web and following all suggested steps for solving it the problem keeps occuring. every time i load djuced it exponentially loads weight onto the cpu (the cpu meter will rise and rise until eventually... well, you get the idea) - this occurs whether i load my entire itunes library (well over 3 and a half thousand songs) or even using the explorer to go load a track which is in a folder all on its own, the crash still occurs. i have completely reinstalled djuced twice, the second time directly from the website, and deleted the djuced folder in my documents, and yet still the problem arises and i see no solution short of a miracle update. i am on an acer 5536 (which handles most tasks i set it very well and has plenty more than the minimum requirements quoted on the dj control air box) and am getting to the point of despair with this issue, as not only do i really like the control air, really everything about it is great, but i am also a big fan of djuced, as i think it is vastly better than my previous dj software, mixxx (although a better search function would be nice and scratch control but hey its still amazing) however if there isnt a solution available (or an update which is sure to fix the problem) then i will have no choice but to try and get the controller refunded as i cannot use it in this state. is there any light on the horizon, hercules?

Topic starter

I am having the same issues as well, but with DJ Control Instinct.  I used to use Virtual DJ at home, but I bought the controller for a  paying gig and DJUCED kept crashing on me.  If I didn't have iTunes (which I would rather not use for a paying gig,) I would have lost out.  I can get as far as two songs or try to do almost anything else other than look at the software.

I am on an HP Compaq and Windows 7.  I have well over 12K songs in my library that will not fit on internal hard drive so I have them on an external USB drive. 

Also, is there a way that DJUCED can analyze all music files at once instead of one track at a time?   Serato and Virtual DJ have no issue with this.  It may take days to do it with Serato or a few seconds with Virtual DJ, but at least I can make progress without the program crashing.

Hello,

Have you tried:
- uninstalling Djuced in Windows 7, deleting the Document>Djuced folder, so deleting the Djuced database,
- and then re-installing the last version of Djuced, currently 1.0.52, from here?

I see tons of users complaining for a crash in an audio library analysis (in VDJ, in Serato, as in Djuced) while the first origin for the crash lays in the database they never delete so that a bug in the database file causes a continuous crash, even after an update of the software.

Topic starter

I have done that twice already... but I suppose that I will do it again.  Will keep you posted.

Hello VJ Big Daddy,

1) Please confirm if you have
- uninstalled Djuced,
- deleted the subfolder Djuced (in the Documents>Djuced)
- and then re-run Djuced.

2) Do you use Djuced 1.0.52 release?

3) Please describe your computer configuration:
- Version of Windows 7 (e.g Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1)
- HP Compaq computer description: reference (for example HP Pavilion dv4t-5100, Core i3 2.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM).

4) Is there a way that DJUCED can analyze all music files at once instead of one track at a time?
Yes:
- select all the files with the mouse (to select several files together, use the button Shift on your keyboard or the mouse button),
- right click, BPM > Analyze
=> Djuced analyzes all the tracks one after the other, still 1 by 1 as any DJ software, but without asking you to interact between each track analysis.
BPM analysis described on page 6 of Djuced Advanced Manual, you can read it here.

Topic starter

hello,

is there anyway to save the recordings in mp3 with DJUCED.

Hello,

You cannot record in MP3 in Djuced, but you can easily convert Djuced WAV recordings into MP3 in iTunes for example.
Open iTunes, Edit >

Preferences

Click on Import Settings > and select MP3 as import format

Then import the recordings in iTunes, and when you select a non MP3 file, you get the option "Create MP3 version" when you right click on the non MP3 file.

Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack (apologies for the delay in response),

1)  Yes, many times.

2)  Yes, many times.

- Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1 Service Pack 1
- HP Compaq Presarios CQ62 Intel Celeron processor, 2GB RAM,  64-bit, Western Digital 1.5TB external hard drive, USB 2.0

4) Awesome, I will try that.

Topic starter

Hello VJ Big Daddy,

1) Please confirm if you have
- uninstalled Djuced,
- deleted the subfolder Djuced (in the Documents>Djuced)
- and then re-run Djuced.

2) Do you use Djuced 1.0.52 release?

- Version of Windows 7 (e.g Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1)
- HP Compaq computer description: reference (for example HP Pavilion dv4t-5100, Core i3 2.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM).

4) Is there a way that DJUCED can analyze all music files at once instead of one track at a time?
Yes:
- select all the files with the mouse (to select several files together, use the button Shift on your keyboard or the mouse button),
- right click, BPM > Analyze
=> Djuced analyzes all the tracks one after the other, still 1 by 1 as any DJ software, but without asking you to interact between each track analysis.
BPM analysis described on page 6 of Djuced Advanced Manual, you can read it here.

MaxDjack, please i need your help!
i just bought myself a hercules DJ control air!!! and i am using a Mac OS 10.9 the CD that i got with the DJ set is for maximum OS 10.8 I looked on the internet and i found your reply! I downloaded what you said, and still it's not working!! The problem with DJuced 18 is that i am not being able to load my music!! only the sample music that are in DJuced are being able to be loaded on track A and B! please please please i beg you to help cause its driving me crazy! I've been working on this for the past 48hours!!!!! Please help me fix this problem! i want to know why its not loading my songs!! (iTunes)
thank you a lot!

Hello SamkeDJ,

1) Can you check if DJ Control Air controls Djuced 18: if you move the crossfader on DJ Control Air, does it move the cross fader in Djuced 18?
Make sure you have the last Djuced 18 release 1.0.96.

2) If DJControl Air controls Djuced, please check, in going in the Folder browser, if you can load your tracks via the Explorer instead of loading via the iTunes shortcut. What is your version of iTunes and have you changed your version of iTunes a short time ago?

3) Please complete your profile here:
- Hercules equipment in use: check DJ Control Air in the list
- Software in use: check Djuced

- Describe your equipment: precise your computer model, CPU, RAM, operating system (for example is it Mac OS 10.9 32-bit or 64-bit), and precise your DJConsole driver package.

PS:
a) It is not necessary to post twice the same message, once for Phatso and once for me, we read the same forum. You will see it will be complicated for you to answer on the 2 discussion boards.
b) It is not a good idea to add several exclamation marks (!!) in your message. Most messages with exclamation marks get no solution as, if the user is furious, the user waste energy in frustration instead of remaining calm to focus on the technical solution. I don't mean you look furious as I don't know you, but on most forums I stop reading a message if I find any exclamation mark, so remember 95% of visitors on forums read forums for their leisure, and nobody want to share the negative mood of frustrated users who shout on forum instead of looking for a solution to a problem.