Notifications
Clear all

djuced not using correct asio output channels/volume knobs not working

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi everyone 🙂 im new here.
im working with an inpulse 500 on djuced and serato and have been using it using its built-in soundcard, which in many ways is a limitation. like in serato i ended up using the device merely as a controller and sending audio out my studio soundcard, and there are several things wrong with that in djuced which makes it impossible to use it as such right now without messy trickery (and only if your studio soundcard supports wild routings).
device in use:
- hercules inpulse 500, latest updates (as of 2023/01/04)
- djuced v5.3.6 4cce20ae
- windows 10 64-bit, latest build
summary of the steps and bugs when using the inpulse 500 as a controller with a studio soundcard:
1. i cannot select different wasapi outputs for master (on built-in: 1&2) and headphones (on built-in: 3&4), so i am forced to use my soundcards asio driver
2. i select my soundcards asio driver
3. i add a master output to send audio out on asio channels 5+6, it works
4. i add another output for the headphones, i pick asio channels 11+12, but djuced will _always_ output the headphones mix on asio channel 1+2, regardless of which channels i pick. this is already the primary bug here. please fix this asap, its a massive issue. i could reproduce this with three other asio soundcards.
5. the headphones volume knob on the inpulse 500 (even though it sends midi) does _not_ control the headphones mix sent out to the asio soundcard. this is also a big issue as its not possible to change hp volume during mixing.
6. the master volume knob on the inpulse 500 also does _not_ control the master mix send out to the asio soundcard. same issue as above.
7. separate issue: there is an inherent lack of keyboard shortcuts (mapping them does not work reliably) for very, very basic things like play/pause (e.g. space + ctrl+space), restart (e.g. backspace + ctrl+backspace), stop (e.g. num0 + ctrl+num0), a way to load the track in the list (typically enter, e.g. enter for deck1, ctrl+enter for deck2), etc. this is crippling when preparing the tracks offline without a controller.
hoping for a positive response, id like to stay with the hercules/djuced combination for a while and want to believe youre taking your customers seriously and dont play the same game as most other manufacturers and not ignore such basic requirements/issues.
new years greetings to all of you, tom