djuced on a mac wit...

Notifications
Clear all

djuced on a mac with no sound

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i just the latest mac book pro os x verion 10.8.3 prcessor 2.9ghz intel core i7, and the dj air consol together and i got home, loaded djused and put some music into a folder and tryed to play them through my head phones and all i hear is a horrid buzzing sound,
its not a constant buzz but every couple of seconds it a horrid sound then it will stop, no music will play! i have tried down loading the latest up date but no change. is there a problem reading my music or have i not done something i should have.
anybody got some ideas?

cheers guys 

Let's try t get to the bottom of this.

So at the moment, you are using the latest driver version (v4.69) as well as the latest verison of DJUCED (v1.0.84), correct?

Is the problem only through the headphone ? Did you try lowering the volume ?

Were speakers connected as well to the DJ AIR ?

If you set the DJ Air as the default Output device (System preferences > Sound) and play songs using iTunes, do you get that buzzing problem ?

Topic starter

i am using V1.0.14 djused and v4.69 driver. correct
the problem is through both, the head phone and output on the back. same sound
no speakers where connected to the mac book, only the built in ones. 
i have tried ajusting the volume.
i tried the output set as dj air, still no change?

anything else i can try? thank you for taking the time to help me out!!

Can you try turning Off the Proximity sensor in the DJ Control Panel ?

I remember one case where there was an internal problem with the sensor that was causing interference on the audio board. I would like to rule that out in your case.

Topic starter

hello, so i turned off the proximity sensor and still i get the same buzzing sound. no change. 

i have found though if i plug the decks in and a speaker in the mix jack on the back and play itunes it plays the song through the decks and out the jack. if that helps i dont no! 

Good to know the sensor is not the obvious cause, but that still doesn't solve the problem.

Would you happen to have access to another computer with which you could try the DJ AIR to see if it behaves the same ?

To put things in perspective, if you forget the DJ Controller section, the DJ AIR is basically a 4 channel USB soundcard.

When I had asked you previously to set the DJ AIR as the default audio Output device, you were indicating to your computer that you wanted it to use the DJ Air instead of the computer's soundcard for playback of iTunes and such. This is then perfectly nomal. 

Topic starter

i do have acces to another mac and i will try it on another computer and get back to you. thanks!!