Notifications
Clear all

problem with the hercules mk4 and another surface

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi! here is my problem;
i have a hercules mk4 functioning perfect with traktor 2.6 in asio mode , no problems. but when i connect another midi surface (novation launchpad for example) the traktor dont recognizes the hercules midi and the asio, show me "asio is not connected", and anything works until i disconnect the hercules or the launchpad. in few words, the problem arises with 2 or more surfaces connected.
this problem is only in my laptop, i test the same setup in my desk pc and works perferct.

Topic starter

If the problem is isolated to the laptop unit only then the problem you are facing is of a local nature.

For that I highly recommend contacting Native Instruments - the developer of the program. 

Topic starter

You can also take into consideration the possibility of a local hardware limitation to be the cause of this problem.

Connecting the two devices you have - MK4 and  Novation Launchpad, simultaneously, to your computer, can force the motherboard to stop providing power to both units for security reasons. They are large consumers and the USB hubs of your computer cannot cope with the demand of energy and therefore, for safety reasons, they shut down.

Try for instance connecting the Novation Launchpad to your computer through a powered USB hub - this will provide additional power to the unit when the pad will request it, providing in the same time protection to your computer and keep the USB connection.