effects processor?

Notifications
Clear all

effects processor?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

how and is it possible to hook up a korg kaoss pad to the 4mx? i would like to record my set using the sound effects the kaoss offers not as a midi controller. im using a macbook, hercules 4mx, and vdj pro. any help is greatly appreciated.

Ideally, you would use the effect Send/return of a standard DJ mixer, but it is possible with the 4-Mx, but there are a few restrictions you might have to live with.

Would use use it for a live application or only for recording mixes?

Topic starter

Thanks for the response! Recording is what I'm focused on, if I need to buy a standard dj mixer to get better sound/less restrictions i will. 

A mixer will simply makes things more practical.

a) First, you  need to make the appropriate connections between the 4-Mx and the mixer:

- Connect Output 1-2 of the 4-mx to Line In of Channel 1 of the mixer

- Connect Output 3-4 of the 4-mx to Line In of Channel 2 of the mixer,

- The Kaos pad would then be connected to the mixer Send/return (or effect loop)

- You would also need to connect one of the mixer's output to the 4-Mx Input 1-2 (this will be for recording)

- Finally, connect your speakers and headphone to the mixer as well.

All this would allow you to preview and prepare the upcoming track, listen to the main mix, with and without the effected signal and still contol VDJ with the console.

b)  Next we need to configure Virtual DJ

- For Output, select  Advanced config

- Apply the audio configuration as shown.

The signal from Deck A  will be sent to Output 1-2, and Deck B to Output 3-4, while Input 1-2 will received the signal back from the mixer for recording.

Topic starter

Genius! Ok I have one more question, i know we talked about a standard dj mixer but would a mixing console/board work too?

Indeed it would. The added difficulty might be that you might require adapters (as most use 1/4' jacks instead of RCA) , but the principle is the same, so if you have one around, it would work just as well.

Topic starter

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, next pay check I'm putting it to use!