Notifications
Clear all

Mapping request for the Inpulse 500

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I just purchased a Hercules DJControl Impulse 500 t complement my Impulse T7. Because of the awesome support regarding the T7 I hope you could help me too with the mapping of the Inpulse 500 for Serato DJ Pro. (Serato Pro 3.1.3 on a M1 MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.4.1). It's three things I'd love to have for it.

1. The ability to modify the Crossfader Curve with the Shift+MidEQ Deck 1

2. The ability to modify the sampler volume with Shift+MidEQ Deck 2

3. Modifying the assistant button below the select dial to put the highlighted song into preparation list like it's done on the T7

This would be of great help. Thank you in advance.

Sascha

P.S.: Is it possible to purchase a replacement mixer metal plate for the Inpulse 500? If yes, what's the price? Thanks for looking into it.

1 Answer

Hello Sasha,

Please download on
https://we.tl/t-QBYmQWtivU  
a mapping file DJCI500_-_XFdrCurve_on_ShD1EqM_-_SamVol_on_ShD2EqM.xml
for DJControl Inpulse 500 in Serato DJ Pro assigning
- "crossfader curve" to Shift1+deck 1 EQ Mid knob,

- "sampler volume" to Shift2+ deck 2 EQ Mid knob,

- "Add to prepare" to Assistant key,
and let me know if it works.

To use it, please

1) Copy the xml file in the folder Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Music/_Serato_/MIDI,
2) run Serato DJ Pro,
3) Go in Serato>Setting>MIDI,

4) In MIDI Devices, select DJControl Inpulse 500, then check "Allow Serato Hardware Remapping”,

5) in MIDI Presets, select the mapping file DJCI500_-_XFdrCurve_on_ShD1EqM_-_SamVol_on_ShD2EqM
6) click on Load

7) close serato settings menu.

For deck 1 control on crossfader curve, you must use the shift key of deck 1.

For deck 2 control on sampler volume, you must use the Shift key of deck 2. 

Sascha from dj-mcsushii.de Topic starter 10/05/2024 4:06 pm

Hi, finally I found the time. My Inpulse 500 today sits in the outdoor area of a pretty nice wedding location and I enabled the mapping modifiers.

Thanks a lot, they work like a charm. Your customer support is definitely outstanding.

Only question remaining, is it possible to buy a replacement for my metal faceplate of the mixer section as it‘s a bit worn out already?