Clear all

headphone preview not working

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

using hercules rmx with traktor 2.03.

configuration : rmx is connected via usb to mac which is connected via usb to cambridge audio dac (digital to analog convertor), which is connected to amplifier. headphones are connected to rmx.

now i did all the necessary steps to configure the whole thing (downloaded + imported correct tsi-file, audio setup, output-input routing, bla bla)

problem : when selecting "hercules dj console rmx" in audio device in audio setup, i only hear music through headphones. only way to get music out of speakers is to select my dac ("cambridge audio dac100 usb 1 (coreaudio)) in the same list, but... then i dont get anything out of my headphones...

tried to play with some settings in main preferences but didnt help...

can anyone help ?

thx in advance !  

Topic starter

Hi there,

The Cambridge Audio DAC, I presume, requires no special software to work normally, right?

And, depending on the model, should also have inputs and outputs - using either RCA or 1/4 inch or XLR.

Can you share with us the exact model of the unit that you are using? 

Topic starter

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/dacmagic-100-digital-to-analogue-converter

Third picture shows inputs/outputs.

USB Audio input is used for connection with Mac.
Audio ouput is used for connection with ampli.

Weird, with Virtual DJ the setting described in first post is working... But is VDJ you can select 2 sound cards... 
But definitely wanting to switch to Traktor... 

The more components you involve, the more likely the configuration will get complicated...

Indeed, Traktor only allow the use of one audio interface at a time. This is to prevent compatibility and potentials problems down the line.

However, since you are using, you can try creating an Aggregate Device, which will appear to Traktor as one audio interface. The procedure is explained here:   

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3956

As mentionned, this may or may not work properly, and in last this case, I would simply recommend connecting the 4-Mx directly to your amplifier for mixing.

Topic starter

Phatso, you're a god !

Aggregate Device does the job wonderfully !

Lucky, because the distance between mixing table and ampli is let's say 6m, didn't want to go that distance with an RCA cable  πŸ™‚

Ciao !!