help please broke c...

Notifications
Clear all

help please broke crossfader on control steels

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all i have a set of control steel hercules i am new to djing and have been told i dont really need to use the crossfader all that often mine is broke on my set and i want to get them sorted on vdj the crossfader sticks to the right just bouncing left slightly to half between center than back to right when i look at it it looks like its on two rails top and bottom it really wiggles up and down like ots snapped or popped somehow out of the rails i would like to know if there is a way to fix this at all manually or wheather it needs to be sent off and fixed if it can be at all
   thank you in advance  

Was your controller bought recently ?

If so, was it brand new or did you get it used ?

Was the crossfader behaving that way since the beginning ?

If not, how did it get damaged ?

Topic starter

Hi thanks for replying

Its was a friends originally and it broke the day I bought it from him I knew it had broke but for £30 it was very appealing to start out with we had a mix. when he woke up next morning Iit did not work and it was doin that sticking to the right as stated in orinal post.it is very wobbly and when inspecting it up close the rails the crossfader sits in wiggle and jiggle about a lot than any other slider I think the rail may have broken somehow. My friend has had it about 2 years previous to me buying it Wednesday night just passed (3 days ago)

Hello,

The question is: do you want to repair it or do you want to mix without a crossfader?

Topic starter

Fixed mate I have been mixing off the volumes but would much rather have it fixed plus I like my stuff in fully working order lol. 

Thanks Trooper