help with mp3 le on...

Notifications
Clear all

help with mp3 le on win 8.1

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi im have some trouble installing my hercules djcontrol mp3 le in my new install of in 8.1
i previously used this device since christmas with no probs using win xp, and i recently installed win 8.1 on a new hd and then tried to reinstall the hercules software.
 my system hasnt changed other than the new hd and the new os installed on it.
when i installed from the disc i was expecting it to update and get the new drivers then, but it constantly said it couldnt find the dj device and was running in demo mode for 30 mins.
so i looked around these forums and saw the recommendations to install the newest drivers direct from tech support, which i did.
the installer uninstalled the software etc, then i re-ran it and it installed v1.0.91 build 4199
still cant detect the device.
so i tried unplugging it and repluggin etc, no luck.
so i uninstalled again using advanced system cares powerful uninstaller, then reinstalled, still no luck
i did see something about win 8 needing a powered usb 3.0, but this shouldnt affect me since i only have usb1 and 2 in my system, should it?
well i hope someone can help, im going to test the device tmmw in a mates machine but it sould be fine, its not been used for a week while i messed about with the new os but it was used fine before then for 4/5 months no probs, and its not been dropped etc.