help with vdj 7 pro...

Notifications
Clear all

help with vdj 7 pro with rmx config

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i am very new to computer djing, and i am trying to get my head around set up procedures. i was running the limited edition that came with the rmx, but upgraded tp pro ver 7of vdj. with the le edition the skin appeared like the rmx, but since upgrading to get more features the skin is nothing like the rmx. i would like to know if ther is a guide to setting up the vdj 7 pro to the rmx and also from the rmx to use a 2 channel mixer as the mic is not good enough for the venues i attend. ther are many terms used in the electonic dj would which are new to me. any assistance would be great. i currently would like the set up as below so config settings would be great

samsung laptop intel 7 with 8g ram
hercules rmx with vdj 7 pro just downloaded and loaded with latest drivers
kam audio pro 1500 4 channel mixer
img stageline 600w amp with jack and rca inputs

If the LE version is still installed, all the Rmx skins should also be available in the SKIN tab of the VDJ configuration menu.

As for the audio configuration to use with an extertnal mixer, it should be as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): External mixer > Deck 1: Output 1-2 / Deck 2 : Output 3-4

- Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx  > then check the box APPLY EQ ON EXTERNAL SOURCES,

then click APPLY

This configuration tells the software that the monitoring and mixing will be done by your mixer and not the Rmx. However, your MIDI controller can obviously still be used.

Topic starter

Hi,
     I have tried what you suggest, but the controls on my KAM mixer (volume) on either channel the volume control seems to control the volume on both decks!!! For example if I play on deck1 then yes the control volume on mixer no1 works but you can also control on mixer no2 volume!!! It appears that they are linked in someway. I have also noticed that the output or gain on line 2 is not as good as 1. I have at present changed back to using just channel 1 on my mixer and the Hercules for mixing controls between channels. I am surprised at the problem and baffled. Can you help??

So let's be sure we are looking at the same situation:

- In VDJ, the audio configuration mentionned before

- Output 1-2 of the console to Channel 1 of your mixer,  Output 3-4 of the console to Channel 2

- The crossfader on the console is in the middle

- On your mixer, you've assigned each side of the crossfader to a specific deck (Channel 1 for Left, Channel 2 for Right).

Now, using the crossfader on your mixer, you cannot alternate between both channel ?