hercules 4-mx shuts...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4-mx shuts off

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

having a problem with my controller shutting off for no reason. i am using it with vdj 7.0.3. i get no crash guard with vdj and have to restart the controller to get the music to work. any suggestions or idaes of what are causing this issue.

2 Answers

Hello,

If you are in Windows, I suggest you disables Windows setting which authorizes the system to cut the USB bus power to save energy, and in general to follow the configuration guidelines written here

2 Answers
Topic starter

I've did all that. Thanks

2 Answers
Topic starter

Did anyone manage to find a solution to this problem? I have changed all the windows USB settings so the power save is not active yet the controller still shuts off.
Is it just that I maybe have a dud/faulty controller?

2 Answers

Hello,

Forum visitors cannot guess what your computer is, how you have installed it, so if you don't don't give any technical information as a precise description of your computer, your controller and drivers, how it is installed and connected, you should not expect technical help on a forum.

2 Answers
Topic starter

I'm now experience this with my new 4-Mx (4 weeks old)

I have the audio just stop.  I hear a click over the audio then it just drops. I've had it happen 4 times this afternoon. 3 times whilst using the controller with MixVibes Cross and once with VirtualDJ Pro. I have to disconnect and connect the controller and restart the DJ software in order to get the sound back

I've tried the last 3 driver packages but no luck it still happens. It first happened with the latest driver package.

I have the power saving management option for the USB ports unchecked (been like this for over 2 years). I have been using the same USB port for over 2 years now, first with my RMX and now with my 4-Mx

I decided to set the 4-Mx on a new USB port to see if the USB port I have been using has some how gone "bad"

My OS is Windows 7 32bit Home Premium SP1 with all the updates.

I can't risk playing out with the 4-Mx like this so at the moment I'm sticking to my Trim 4-6 and timecodes

2 Answers
Topic starter

Gutted!!!!!

I've just set the 4-Mx up on a new USB port, running the latest Driver package and after 40 minutes the audio stopped, as descrided above.

Now, I'm getting rather frustared with this as I can't use this at my gigs.

I am really fond of Hercules DJ products, (I've had 4 now) I think there great products, but if I can't resolve this problem or find a solution from my end or from Hercules (whether it's a driver or firmware update) then I think I'll be sending the 4-Mx back to the supplier I brought it from.

*Question*

How much power does the 4-Mx need to run? and is there any test I can do on my USB ports to find out how much power each one chucks out?

2 Answers

Hey Jimmy,

Any chance of trying out the 4-Mx on another computer, to potentially isolate the problem to the console or the USB ports.

The 4-Mx requires  450 mA, the same amount as the Rmx, so technically, it shouldn't be a problem for you.

As for verifying the power consumption on your USB ports:

1. Open Device Manager

2. Double-click Universal serial bus controllers.

3. Right-click USB Root Hub (you might have multiple instances), and then click Properties.

4. On the Power tab, view the power required by each device in the Attached devices list.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Cheers mate

I'll check the power consumption on my USB ports also I could try the 4-Mx on my old XP laptop and see. I'm very busy at the moment so I'll post back in the next couple of days.

Thanks for giving me something to look at.

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello,
have you resolve your problem because i have got the same.
So if you have new information can you share it ?

thanks in advance

2 Answers
Topic starter

Sorry I haven't got back with this. I've been very busy recently.

I've re-installed and set the 4-Mx up on a USB port that I've never used before on my gig laptop (FYI, it's the only USB port on the right side of my laptop)

I've been doing some testing this week at home and I've mixed with the 4-Mx for about 10 hours now and I haven't seen the problem as before.

I still need to do a few more hours at home before I play out with it.

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello,

if you are in windows, i suggest you disables windows setting which authorizes the system to cut the usb bus power to save energy, and in general to follow the configuration guidelines written here

Topic starter

ive did all that. thanks