Notifications
Clear all

hercules steel, indents on knobs?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all!

as it says on the title, does anyone know if the hercules steel console has got indents on the knobs?

thanks for any reply and happy djing cool

5 Answers

Hi Deejae,

It depends of what you call indents:
- if you mean grooves on the knobs: yes, there are grooves on the knobs, the knobs are the same as DJ Console Rmx knobs, so you can see the grooves on these knobs on the page http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/bdd/p/83/dj-control-steel/#m_photo_1_7 on the DJ Control Steel detail shot 7, and you can zoom on this image by clicking on it with your mice
- if you mean steps on the knobs: no, there are no steps on the knob, you turn smoothly the knobs without feeling any step. The only buttons with steps on DJ Control Steel are the 2 pitch faders which have a center detent (a step at the middle position, so that you feel when you restore the original pitch or the music).

5 Answers
Topic starter

The jogs look abit more thicker, than the RMX which is a nice touch,

Also the steel has two dedicated Pitch bend buttons, which are located at the top of the Pitch sliders, this is another good idea, that is something the RMX hasn't got, and it's a shame really.

5 Answers

Hello Jimmy B,

Jog wheels have the same dimensions on the Rmx and on the DJ Control Steel.

On DJ Console Rmx +  VirtualDJ DJC 5, you can set the pitch bend on the buttons 1 to 6.
In VirtualDJ Pro, as you have a key mapper, you can move the controls where you want, and locate the pitch bend function on the Pitch Reset and Beat-lock buttons of the DJ Console Rmx if you want, to get the same location of pitch bend function as on DJ Control Steel.

5 Answers
Topic starter

Yes I know my friend,  I use buttons 3 & 6

but I like how the Steel as dedicated buttons for the Pitch bend

5 Answers
Topic starter

Hey guys! Laughing

thanks a lot for your answers! I was actualy talking about the center detents of the knobs and it seems there are none.
Nevertheless, I think we have a beauty here and now I'm having trouble choosing between the RMX and the Steel version..

I am aware that Steel has no integrated audio interface but it's got some killer looks..Cool

Any suggestions here?

5 Answers
Topic starter

hi deejae,

it depends of what you call indents:
- if you mean grooves on the knobs: yes, there are grooves on the knobs, the knobs are the same as dj console rmx knobs, so you can see the grooves on these knobs on the page http://www.hercules.com/uk/dj-music/bdd/p/83/dj-control-steel/#m_photo_1_7 on the dj control steel detail shot 7, and you can zoom on this image by clicking on it with your mice
- if you mean steps on the knobs: no, there are no steps on the knob, you turn smoothly the knobs without feeling any step. the only buttons with steps on dj control steel are the 2 pitch faders which have a center detent (a step at the middle position, so that you feel when you restore the original pitch or the music).

Topic starter

the jogs look abit more thicker, than the rmx which is a nice touch,

also the steel has two dedicated pitch bend buttons, which are located at the top of the pitch sliders, this is another good idea, that is something the rmx hasnt got, and its a shame really.

Topic starter

hello jimmy b,

jog wheels have the same dimensions on the rmx and on the dj control steel.

on dj console rmx +  virtualdj djc 5, you can set the pitch bend on the buttons 1 to 6.
in virtualdj pro, as you have a key mapper, you can move the controls where you want, and locate the pitch bend function on the pitch reset and beat-lock buttons of the dj console rmx if you want, to get the same location of pitch bend function as on dj control steel.

Topic starter

yes i know my friend,  i use buttons 3 & 6

but i like how the steel as dedicated buttons for the pitch bend

Topic starter

hey guys! laughing

thanks a lot for your answers! i was actualy talking about the center detents of the knobs and it seems there are none.
nevertheless, i think we have a beauty here and now im having trouble choosing between the rmx and the steel version..

i am aware that steel has no integrated audio interface but its got some killer looks..cool

any suggestions here?