Topic starter

hi all,

this is my setup:

windows 8
virtual dj pro
dj control instinct
speakers 5.1 creative
internal soundcard : realtek high definition audio

despite i already know 5.1 should be used with dj controllers, i would like to have sound from my 5 speakers (actually i only have in 2 of them). already tried different ways, searched in the forum and the net but cannot make it and i don´t see/understand a clear answer for this.

i´m using as settings on virtual dj:
inputs : none
outputs: master : front output / headphones : rear output
sound card: hercules dj control instinct

connection between speakers/subwoofer and controller is made by the black cable of 3 (yellow, green, black) and speakers are all connected to the subwoofer. at this moment only rear speaker are working (black cable). front and center don´t work ( speakers are ok).

so, is it possible to have sound on the 5 five speakers actually?
do i need to buy a 5.1 pci card?
or it is impossible to connect the way i want, also having the headphone channel available for pre listen?

could someone give a help on this?
thanks in advance
luis

Certain 5.1 system can work in "surround", meaning that although you are using a stereo source (such as the output from the DJ Instrinct), you'll get sound from all speakers.

What is the exact model of your Creative speakers system?

Topic starter

Hello, this is a 5.1 Creative Inspire P5800.

As indicated in the following schematic from the user manual:

Stereo sources should be connected to the auxilary (AUX) Input.

So to resume:

- Connect the SPEAKERS output of the DJ Instinct to the AUX input of the Creative system

- Connect your headphones to the front conector of the DJ Instinct.

Topic starter

Hello, already tried it as I seen an answer here in the forum. Doesn´t work... With that only the front speakers have sound.

Here they are saying this: http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=64705

Indeed, and since you don't have a decoder to emulate a mutichannel environment, then you'll have to settle for using your speakers in 2.1 when using the console.

Topic starter

So, how can I get one? Is it software or harware?

Could you give some advice?

My advice is to simply enjoy stereo when mixing (like every other DJs).  Laughing

If you want 5.1 for movies and games, then you would need a different soundcard that has all the necessary outputs. No need to get fancy, a simple USB multichannel soundcard would do the trick.

http://www.hercules.com/pt/Placas-de-som/bdd/p/123/gamesurround-muse-xl-pocket-lt3/

Topic starter

Or do I have some other solution via those cheap usb 5.1 pci cards?

Topic starter

Replied at same time,eheheh! Ok will follow your advice.