Notifications
Clear all

instinct and linux

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

i bought hercules dj mp3 le (should be same as e2), and noticed that it is not class-compliant device. hercules has released drivers for linux, kernel module source code, but it needs patching for each kernel version and still has a lot of problems, in most cases doesnt work at all (not even recognize the controller).

im returning le/e2 back to shop (which is fine for them, 30-day guarantee), and have thought to get instinct, i cant find any information about it concerning if it is class-compliant device or not. i have just heard rumours that it should be, for instance ubuntu 12.04 recognize the controller and sound card directly after plugging (as do my other midi/dj controllers like behringer cmd micro).

any advices, or tips, or facts 🙂

thanks in advance ! a lot !!!

The DJControl Instinct will indeed be recognized under Linux.

Here is a thread about it being used with Mixxx (one user actually using Ubuntu 12.04):

http://mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3907&start=30

Topic starter

Thanks of your reply !

Yes, I have seen this topic, and it seems to be exactly only one, haven't found any other mentions of Instinct and Linux combination.  I thought if someone had more information about technical specs, especially if Instinct is class-compliant device. 

Thanks !