Notifications
Clear all

win 8.1 drivers

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

the current drivers dont seem to work dj control mp3 e2, the icon for the controller does not appear on the desk top and everything in the package doesnt work when i send them to the desk top and try to open them. the controller is connected. lenovo v570 laptop win 8.1 pro
any ideas? thanks,  william 

Following the installation of Windows 8.1, did you make sure the basic components of your computer were properly installed by looking at Device Manager?

If for example Windows do not provide drivers for the USB controller, it would make sense that any device connected to them would not work correctly.

What do you mean by "when I send them to the desk top and try to open them" ?

Topic starter

I might have the same (or similar issue).  My RMX was working fine with Windows 8.  I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and am now having issues.  I did a wedding last night and when I plugged in my USB cable the lights on the RMX flashed (as usual), however instead of them all going out after several flashes the only the left deck lights went out.  The right side deck kept flashing.  Starting up my Virtual DJ I was able to assigne Hercules to the decks okay, but the software would not respond to any of the RMX controls.  Even the mic button wouldn't work.  I connected a backup laptop (running Windows Vista) and it worked fine so I know the console and the USB cable are fine.  Is there an incompatibility between the RMX drivers and Windows 8.1?  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks for any help.

Actually, the problem seems to be with the default USB 3.0 drivers included with Windows 8.1 . 

For most USB chipset, you can easily correct the issue by installing the generic drivers from the manufacturer. If however your computer is using an Intel USB 3.0 chipset, then the procedure is unfortunately a bit more complicated.

Can you detail the Universal Serial Bus Controler category in Device Manager so we can see what is on your system? 

Topic starter

Hello Phat one,
Still trying to make it work in 8.1
Lenovo v570 laptop, this thing worked fine in win 7
Checked the device manager and the USB controllers have no yellow exclamation points.
2 Ex points in "other devices", the intel wireless wi max 6150 and an "unknown device. It connects to the net no problem so I don't know what these are about.
When I install the software I get the icon in the tray but no icon on the desk top to boot the software. I went digging through the files in Program files and sent every icon in there to the desk top and nothing worked.
The deck lights up! 
I carefully uninstalled all the old stuff, rebooted and then installed your software.
Hercules DJ devices -bulk and midi are both working [in device manager].
I'm working from another computer here but if you send me an email I can send screen shots or other info?
My email is    ********
Thanks for your help, William.

MODERATOR NOTE: Please do not post your email on forums.

Topic starter

Hi again,
In case it's pertinent.
There are two Intel 6 series c200 chipset series Chipset family usb enhanced host controllers 1C26 and 1C2D 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

William 

So, just to confirm:

- Does the MP3 e2 appear as correctly installed in Device Manager, as indicated in this document ?

- If indeed it appears to be the case, then does it work as a MIDI controller?

Now, let make a distinction between the DJ Control panel (which appears in the Notification Area), which you would use to configure certain functions of the MP3 e2, and DJ Software, with which you play music.

Please specify what does not work or launch properly.