rmx not recognized ...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx not recognized in windows 7

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i just built a new pc with a new install of windows 7. i have an rmx that i have always used with my laptop, also running windows 7 and traktor. i tried installing drivers to get the rmx to work on the new pc but it is not being recognized by windows.

i am attemping to install the 2013 hdjs 2 driver package. as far as i know, the drivers install successfully. i connect the rmx to the computer when prompted to do so and ignore the windows message that pops up. the message reads "usb device not recognized. one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it...". the blue lights continuosly blink and the controller isnt seen in windows. i then (after reinstalling the drivers) attempt to do a manual firmware update as described in the fimware update procedures guideline, but the behaviour of the rmx does not change even when i plug in the usb while holding mic on/off. furthermore, i do not see "hercules dj console rmx bulk" in the device manager.

the rmx is still correctly recognized and works on my laptop. ive tried both usb 2.0 and 3 ports on the pc. the pc has an i5-4670k, 8 gb ram, and a msi z87m-g43 motherboard.
any help is greatly appreciated! id like to get the rmx working on my pc 🙂