interesting experie...

Notifications
Clear all

interesting experience with rmx

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

well. i just wanted to let you guys know what happened to me today while i was conducting a private event. this was held at a hotel where there was wall to wall carpet. ever since i stepped food on that place, i shool the first persons hand and i got shocked, and it kept happening all throughout the time we were setting up, almost everybody that touched me, shocked me. of course i didnt pay attention to it, i mean it is a little annoying when you cant touch anyone, even my laptop shocked me once. but any wayswe start the event and and doing my thing while someone comes from behind me and pads me on the back while im touching the rmx. of course i got shocked, but the funny thing is that i see the vdj controls going crazy and i think the volume shoots up, i cant remember whaat happened the frst time exactly. but hey, i let it go, i fixed it and kept doing my thing. at the end of the event again, im doing my thing, playing some music at a very low volume where it can be heard but people can hear each other talking. again someone comes and touches me, guess what happens. yeap, i guet shocked, this time a much bigger shock one of those that you hear the pop on the other side of the room, the vdj controls go bananas. the volume shot down, the lights on the rmx all blinking, then it stop, the track still playing, i hear nothing. hmm, what could it be. fix the volumes, nothing.hmm. check the sound settings, their good. checked the rmx is activated, it is. deactivate, activate it again.  nothing. hmm. unplug the rmx plug it in, nothing. ok now im getting worried. i cant get the volume to come on for shit, its been about 1 min with no music. when, ahhhh, its the gain, down all the way. ok fix it. ok music is back, nothing too worry about. shit the music is so high, what the hell. check the treble,normal, check the base, normal, check the mids normal. ok. check my external mixer, normal. what the fuck, did the shock fucked something up on the sound card, that would really sock!!!! i have only had my rmx less than a month. ok. so 2 songs play, 3 songs play. when it hits me, oh shit, beat lock(key lock). it had locked the key(pitch) on the +33%. fuck. ok, now everything is back to normal. music going everybody is happy, lucky all this happened towards the end when music is not that important in the event i was running.

ok, so this is not a help topic or none of those things, but just wanted to share my experience with you guys, night night now.

1 Answer
Topic starter

It sounds like to me you had a Very bad case of Static electric going on. PC/Laptop's do not like static. It must of been the thick carpet that was causing you the issue.

A good piece of advice would be to have a spare pair of shoes in you car, that have rubber soles on. Rubber will pervent this, and protect you from the static!!!!

1 Answer
Topic starter

it sounds like to me you had a very bad case of static electric going on. pc/laptops do not like static. it must of been the thick carpet that was causing you the issue.

a good piece of advice would be to have a spare pair of shoes in you car, that have rubber soles on. rubber will pervent this, and protect you from the static!!!!