Notifications
Clear all

left deck issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello evryone i have a issue with my hercules rmx after almost a year with it, first of all i would like to say that this product is awsome and been good to me since i bought it i have done private parties, car shows, clubs and bars with my hercules rmx but for some reason it gave me a problem yesterday i was mixing with it then all of the sudden my left deck went meaning the sound just stop coming out but the right deck was good it shows on the screen the jog wheel moving an every button i press function on the product does anyone knows why this could happen?

i have a dell inspiron 1525 2ghz 160gb running window vista 32 bit with virtual dj 6.1

3 Answers

Hello C_Ruckuz,

Please precise if, after rebooting your computer, your DJ Console Rmx was back to normal control again or not.  If it was OK after rebooting the computer, it may come from an electrostatic shock which has frozen a part of the electronics, and I suggest the following process to ground the Rmx casing and avoid further electrostatic issue:
- on the rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the USB port)
- wind up a thin coper or steel cable (360 degrees) on the screw, and put the screw again in its original position on the aluminium cover
- wind up the other side of the copper cable to the ground screw on the input 1-2.

You should not write a complete message in capital, it is generally preceived as if you were shouting -  you may write a few words in capital to insist on these word without shouting , as to precise the LEFT deck was down while the right deck was OK.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack thanks for your reply, when i got home yesterday i played with it like i do mostly everyday for a couple of hours and it was fine i am thinkin the reason why that happen was cause my windows update started running while i was in used of the system, could that be the REASON????????

3 Answers

C-Ruckuz,

Yes, a Windows update running in background may have caused the crash in your DJ mix. While mixing, you should not let a system update or a wifi task in background.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello c_ruckuz,

please precise if, after rebooting your computer, your dj console rmx was back to normal control again or not.  if it was ok after rebooting the computer, it may come from an electrostatic shock which has frozen a part of the electronics, and i suggest the following process to ground the rmx casing and avoid further electrostatic issue:
- on the rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the usb port)
- wind up a thin coper or steel cable (360 degrees) on the screw, and put the screw again in its original position on the aluminium cover
- wind up the other side of the copper cable to the ground screw on the input 1-2.

you should not write a complete message in capital, it is generally preceived as if you were shouting -  you may write a few words in capital to insist on these word without shouting , as to precise the left deck was down while the right deck was ok.

Topic starter

hello maxdjack thanks for your reply, when i got home yesterday i played with it like i do mostly everyday for a couple of hours and it was fine i am thinkin the reason why that happen was cause my windows update started running while i was in used of the system, could that be the reason????????

Topic starter

c-ruckuz,

yes, a windows update running in background may have caused the crash in your dj mix. while mixing, you should not let a system update or a wifi task in background.