Notifications
Clear all

major glitch

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have a major glitch error and need help please.  for several months now i have had tracks kind of dropping out for a microsecond.  it is almost like a tiny pause.  if i am in the process of a mix it does not lose tempo so it is the system doing so on both channels.

first i was advised it was a problem with vista so i upgraded to windows 7.  still there so i formatted the hard drive (losing a load of photos i thought id copied) and installed windows 7 from scratch but it was still there.  i reinstalled virtual dj but that did not get rid of the problem.  i then tried installing my mates copy (just to test if there was a problem with mine) but it continued.

getting to the end of my tether i bought a new laptop but to my annoyance it still happened.  today a new hercules rmx arrived in the post so i just tested it and guess what....  same problem!  i have had enough now.  the problem was never there until a few months ago and i have now spent almost £1,000 on new equipment but it has not fixed anything.  how common is this?  it doesnt happen to any of my mates who all use virtual dj but none of them use mixers.  please help.

all suggestions welcome.

5 Answers
Topic starter

Hello djjimmylee,

1/ Can you detail exactly your configuration:

Driver version
Virtual DJ version

2/ PC laptop configuration and windows optimization

Can you follow this procedure and make sure that everything is well set:

The most frequent audio glitch issues comes from:
-> Wifi (must be disabled while mixing)
-> USB power management (you must specify to windows not to turn
->Antivirus (must be switch off while mixing)
-> Any other application taking a lot of CPU

5 Answers

Hello jimmy,

Also try whether running VirtualDJ in a windows (even a large window, but not in full screen) instead of running in full screen cannot help.

5 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the advice chaps but unfortunately things are no better.  I did everything in the Hercules .pdf helpsheet but no better.  This laptop is the old one (originally Vista but now 32 bit Windows 7) and I am using the brand new RMX.

The screen is filled but I have not maximised the skin as it will not give me a choice but to run full screen on Mixlab V3.1.

If anything it seems to be doing it more frequently now.  I don't understand how nobody else is having this problem and I am even with a new laptop AND Mixer!!!

There must be something we are missing.....?

5 Answers
Topic starter

By the way, I even just tried DJCEdition skin as that is the one I used to use but this has not fixed it either.....

5 Answers

djimmylee,

1) Sorry for insisting, but you should precise 
- which version of VirtualDJ you use (don't write Pro, it is not a version, a version is for example VirtualDJ 6.1 Pro)
- which computer you use (for example, a detailed answer is:
Dell Dimension 5150 - Core Duo 3 GHz - 2 GB RAM - Windows XP SP3 - Radeon X300 SE graphic card with 128 MB RAM - Hercules DJ Console Rmx with 2010_HDJS_2 drivers - VirtualDJ Pro 6.1 set with DJ Console Rmx in ASIO 16-bit 44.1KHz with output 1-2 set as master and output 3-4 set as preview - DJ Console Rmx control panel set on 6ms buffer size
- if you have disabled the wifi, if you have disabled Windows bug which authorize the system to switch off the USB port to save power (and damage USB audio playback), if you have tried using your computer with no internet, no network, no antibvirus, no firewall.
If you can give no detailed technical feedbacks to the suggestions you receive on the forum, it is unlikely you get much feedback afterward.

2) Other settings
- Have you disabled Windows fast index system? 
(Right click on My Computer > Properties, and the Fast index system is at the bottom of the window)
- Have you installed any VirtualDJ Pro plugin (some VirtualDJ plugins have a bad impact on CPU ressources, for example a plug to play diaporama is known to cuase glitches, so it is wiser to uninstall all plugins in case you get glitches)?

5 Answers
Topic starter

hello djjimmylee,

1/ can you detail exactly your configuration:

driver version
virtual dj version

2/ pc laptop configuration and windows optimization

can you follow this procedure and make sure that everything is well set:

the most frequent audio glitch issues comes from:
-> wifi (must be disabled while mixing)
-> usb power management (you must specify to windows not to turn
->antivirus (must be switch off while mixing)
-> any other application taking a lot of cpu

Topic starter

hello jimmy,

also try whether running virtualdj in a windows (even a large window, but not in full screen) instead of running in full screen cannot help.

Topic starter

thanks for the advice chaps but unfortunately things are no better.  i did everything in the hercules .pdf helpsheet but no better.  this laptop is the old one (originally vista but now 32 bit windows 7) and i am using the brand new rmx.

the screen is filled but i have not maximised the skin as it will not give me a choice but to run full screen on mixlab v3.1.

if anything it seems to be doing it more frequently now.  i dont understand how nobody else is having this problem and i am even with a new laptop and mixer!!!

there must be something we are missing.....?

Topic starter

by the way, i even just tried djcedition skin as that is the one i used to use but this has not fixed it either.....

Topic starter

djimmylee,

1) sorry for insisting, but you should precise 
- which version of virtualdj you use (dont write pro, it is not a version, a version is for example virtualdj 6.1 pro)
- which computer you use (for example, a detailed answer is:
dell dimension 5150 - core duo 3 ghz - 2 gb ram - windows xp sp3 - radeon x300 se graphic card with 128 mb ram - hercules dj console rmx with 2010_hdjs_2 drivers - virtualdj pro 6.1 set with dj console rmx in asio 16-bit 44.1khz with output 1-2 set as master and output 3-4 set as preview - dj console rmx control panel set on 6ms buffer size
- if you have disabled the wifi, if you have disabled windows bug which authorize the system to switch off the usb port to save power (and damage usb audio playback), if you have tried using your computer with no internet, no network, no antibvirus, no firewall.
if you can give no detailed technical feedbacks to the suggestions you receive on the forum, it is unlikely you get much feedback afterward.

2) other settings
- have you disabled windows fast index system? 
(right click on my computer > properties, and the fast index system is at the bottom of the window)
- have you installed any virtualdj pro plugin (some virtualdj plugins have a bad impact on cpu ressources, for example a plug to play diaporama is known to cuase glitches, so it is wiser to uninstall all plugins in case you get glitches)?