mic et headphone in...

Notifications
Clear all

mic et headphone inputs not working

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

tonight i had a gig for which i knew id have to arrive really early.
just for kix & giggles i set up my rmx and was planning to use it for the entire gig. 
i had my larger set up with me just-in-case.  good thing cause i couldnt get the mic or headphones on the rmx to work...at all.
ill set things up later at home and try to figure it out.
has anyone else had this experience?  if so, what did you do?
anyone else have any thoughts?
steve?  steve?  bueler? bueler? 

thanx gang!  cheers!  -z-

2 Answers
Topic starter

hello stevez,

please take the time to describe precisely what you do, what you connect, what is your hardware, what are the symptoms. writing "i couldnt get the mic or headphones on the rmx to work... at all." is not enough, nobody can help without knowing what you have, what you do, what you connect, and how you connect the audio gears.

the first step is a description of your equipment:
- computer: laptop / desktop
- operating system: mac os 10.4, mac os 10.5, windows xp, windows vista
- cpu: model and speed
- ram: quantity of ram
- software: software name, version of the software
- software audio configuration: what are the audio settings in the dj software (for example, in virtualdj pro 5.2.1: what are the answers to the following questions in the sound setup panel: inputs ? outputs ? sound card ? eq on external inputs status? output channels?)
- connection: on which output do you connect your speakers (rca 1-2 or jack 1/4 1-2) , on which output do you connection your headphones (top or front plug), on which output do you connect you microphone (top or front plug)
- audio hardware: model name for your headphones, model name for the microphone.

the second step is a description of the symptoms, you must explain what doesnt work, "it doesnt work at all" is not a detailed description.
- when you plug the microphone on the plug on the top surface of the rmx, when you switch on the microphone itself, then when you push the mic on/off button on the rmx, then when you turn up the microphone volume button on the rmx, if you speak in the microphone, do you hear the microphone talk-over the music in the speakers connected to the output 1-2 on the rmx?
- when you plug the headphones on the headphones plug on the top surface of the rmx, when you set the heaphones on cue position (on the cue to mix button), then when you push up the volumes of the headphones on rmx headphones volume button, when you play the music on one deck on the rmx and switch on the "cue select"button on this deck on the rmx, what do you hear in the headphones?

please also confirm you know that:
- connecting at jack adapter in the headphones plug on the top panel of the rmx switches off the headphones jack plug on the front panel,
- connecting at jack adapter in the microphone plug on the top panel of the rmx switches off the microphone jack plug on the front panel.

Topic starter

nobody can help without knowing what you have, what you do, what you connect, and how you connect the audio gears.

thank you for your response.  a fellow jock whos been a dj almost as long as i was able to help resolve the problem with precisely the information i have written above. im sure your response was well intended, but i have to be honest, it comes off a bit more condescending than it does helpful.  you may wish to take a look at that and monitor your writting style a little more closely.  dont worry though, you did manage to come off like a guy who knows a lot. cheers. -z-