new hercules rmx co...

Notifications
Clear all

new hercules rmx console

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey all, i got a free hercules rmx console, a good upgrade from my numark midi controller. now i am curious how to map this to virtual dj or traktor. i have virtual dj le and home, and the le of traktor. now i refuse to pay $300 just to be able to use this simple controller on virtual dj. i know theres ways to map this controller to vdj or traktor. ive looked up many guides and plug-in downloads but none work! the wizard set-up for traktor does not have the option to choose any hercules device?!?! why not.? does anyone have any advice? thank you!

Topic starter

Hello,

You'll find all the midi profiles for you RMX on the Hercules Support website :
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=5

The Traktor wizard will only propose controllers which are originally bundled with Traktor LE. Since this is not the case for the Rmx (and all Hercules controllers), you need to make your own, use the mapping proposed on the support site (as mentionned by Victo) or numerous others that can be found on various web sites.

Topic starter

I downloaded the duo 2 one but I guess my version of 2.1.2 isnt supported by this? Because there is no advanced section under prefrences for under the first step in the directions. I have no midi controller tap. Also the 1.2.7 version guide is too basic and just tells me what button should be this number...which i dont understand. =\

If you have Traktor Duo 2 v2.12, then only the first profile (the one at the top) applies to you.

The first steps of the procedure are related to the Hercules DJ Control panel, not configuration in Traktor (which start at step #2).

The Hercules DJ Control panel can be found in the Notification area (near the clock).

Topic starter

There is no Hercules DJ control panel, i find nothing of the sort anywhere. Also my Hercules controller won't even show up on my desktop, but it lights up when I plug it in. And I guess I don't have duo 2 because under version it says full 2.1.2.

Topic starter

Basically under, prefrences and tabs, i only have the selection of- audio setup, output routing, input routing, loading, transport, global settings, effects, file managment, and controller manager...nothing of this dj console control pad!

As I said previously, the Hercules DJ control panel is not part of Traktor.

If you can't find it in the Notification Area, near the clock, make sure some of the icons are not hidden

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-XM/windows7/Change-how-icons-appear-in-the-notification-area

You can also start it directly from Windows Control panel.

In either cases, look for this icon: